Bed bug success?

(3 posts)
  1. Balty91

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 14 2018 14:32:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I just wanted to share my timeline with everyone and what I can consider a "success". December 4th, 2017 was the first time I seen a bed bug in my home, 3 fed ones to be exact. I was cleaning my home and i took the sheets off my 9 year old daughter's bed. (I didn't see nothing...yet) so I decided to tell her to take a shower. It wasn't until after her shower that i noticed red spots all over her arms and neck and upper back. This was a major red flag for me because I knew they had to be bug bites, deep down i had a feeling I knew what it might be but was hoping it was another explanation. So i went to her bed and searched the bed and found one fed one crawling on her bed. My stomach turned. I googled images of bed bugs and confirmed it was a bed bug. After that I seen another fed one crawling on the wall beside the bed and another fed one trying to hide. I kept all 3 in a container to show my landlord the evidence. I did a quick search and found no more and closed the room off. This was the beginning of my nightmare, i've been squeamish about bed bugs since. I made the mistake that night by throwing her mattress and box spring out, but I first wrapped it in thick poly wrap and taped it up. More money for me to spend. My second mistake was moving my daughter into my other daughter's room because I couldn't bare thinking of her being something's dinner. from that day until spray day, i've spotted about 3 bedbugs, one in the hall close to my daughters room, one in her room, and one by the door in my room (ahh!), I'm guessing they were looking for their food host. I'm not sure if she was the only one being bit or if she was the only one that reacted to the bites, but none of us had bites. I followed all the advice and put my clothes in sealed plastic bins with gaskets, but first I put them in the dryer for an hour (just to be safe). The pest control company confirmed the bed bugs in the container and came to spray on dec. 15th. They sprayed my whole house. I live in a single home, no apartment or duplex. I haven't seen no sign of bugs on the main floor or basement. The main focus was particularly the upstairs hallway and neighboring room to my daughters. We kept everything in bins since. On december 26th, I seen a nymph on it's back probably dying, it was found in my other daughters room where they were sleeping. I know in most cases, treatments usually don't work the first time, so I left it alone until February, 2018. I haven't seen nothing since I seen the nymph, but was still scared. I called my landlord again in February and the same company came the 2nd week and did another spray. This time the smell was much stronger, so they must have used a different chemical. Again, they sprayed the whole house from top to bottom. It is now middle of May, 3 months since my second treatment. I still have everything in bins, nothing is in the dressers or closets. I fear that there is still one bedbug hiding somewhere. I haven't looked in my childrens toyboxes yet and I was wondering if there would be one waiting in there. Am I being paranoid? Can I begin putting things away or should I wait a few more months? No signs of bites or presence of bedbugs. I noticed there was a sour/sweet smell in my daughters room that is no longer there, could that have been the bed bug smell that i read about? I just want to be done with bed bugs forever, it has been a major stress factor in my life. Was it my daughter that brought it home? Or could it have been someone else? She just started a new school this year so I am a little worried she brought it home from there. Can someone tell me if I can call it a success yet

2. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 14 2018 19:53:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I've had so many problems with bed bugs it isnt funny.I also live in a house...No one near us at all.We sprayed 3 different times and still found them...It would be 5 to 6 months apart that we would see them.Each time thinking they were gone also.Finally we got a heat treatment...It came with a 3 month warranty...We paid $2,200 for the heat treatment...Thought we were good.Nope 3 and a half months later we seen another one.we had to pay for another Heat Treadmill $2,200...Thought we were good.Nothing for 2 years....I think we were good after that but let my brother come in who lived in apartments.He swore he didnt have them.2 weeks later I see a damn bed bug crawling on my shoulder.I have OCD super bad and Im a clean freak...I can't deal with having bed bugs.I cry none stop and I leave my home.Last few times we had them I was out in a tent in my back yard....The cleaning that we had to do to get each treatment was crazy and hard...We threw away a lot of stuff that we couldnt see in like DVD cases and books.If it wasn't needed it was gone.So we paid for a 3rd heat treatment. $2,200 again...That was a year ago and we are finally bed bug free again.I dont allow anyone to come in my house at all.When my boys come home from work they change outside before coming in.If they go to a friends house same thing...Im super picky..So you can never be too sure.Just keep a really good eye out....I hope your bed bug free cause they are a living nightmare.

3. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 14 2018 19:55:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh and also we didnt have them bad...I only ever seen like 4 bugs the whole time we were dealing with them..They are great hiders...We are over 10,000 dollars in treatments and I pray I never have to deal with them again..

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,829 posts in 45,888 topics over 139 months by 20,209 of 21,015 members. Latest: Mp732bsd, Jtp, Bedinsect1