Bed Bug Solution....Please read!

(9 posts)
  1. leanforward

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 4 2013 2:47:45
    #

Login to Send PM

DEAR READERS: HAD AN INFESTATION OR RATHER MY SON IN HIS ROOM, AND THEY MIGRATED FOR THEY HITCH HIKED TO MY UPPER ROOM; LONG STORY SHORT THEY TRIED TO TAKE OVER BUT DO THIS AND IT SHOULD HELP IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN HOME WITH NO TENANTS.... 1. PURCHASE PLATIC (NOT CLOTH) SLEEVES $5.00 TO $ 7.00 EACH NO MATTER THE SIZE... 2. YOU MIGHT HAVE TO THROW OUT BOXSPRINGS IF THE BUGS ARE IN THE STUFFING AND BETWEEN WOOD YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR CATCH THEM ALL... 3. WRAP TREATED AND CLEANED BED ITEM INTO THE PLASTIC AND SEAL THE ZIPPERS WITH CLEAR BOX TAPE... 4. IF THEY ARE FOUND IN THE CREASES OF THE SHEETS THROW THEM OUT (SMALL BEDBUGS ARE WHITE WHEN HATCHED AND VERY HARD TO SEE FOR WEEKS)IF NOT CLEAN THEM WITH BLEACH AND HOT WATER CYCLE AND THROW SHEETS INTO THE DRYER AT ITS HIGHEST TEMPERATURE. YOUR BED SPREADS MUST BE DONE THE SAME WAY... 5. BEFORE YOU PUT ITEMS BACK ON BED YOU MUST CLEAN THE ROOM, FOR THE BUGS WILL TRY TO HIDE IN SEAMS OF HARDWOOD FLOORS, ELETRICAL SOCKETS, CHIPPED PAINT, CARPET IS THE WORST...YES THEY WERE IN THE ELECTRICAL SOCKETS!!! CLEAN WITH BLEACH FOR THE BUGS "CRAP" IS HARD TO REMOVE WITH PLAIN SOAP AND WATER, ALCOHOL AND AMONIA IS GOOD AS WELL... 6. SPRAY DDT INTO ALL CRACKS, YUP! NOT SUPPOSE TO USE THE STUFF BUT IT WORKS!! THE OLD STUFF WORKS... 7. ALL OTHER ITEMS SHOULD GO INTO BAGS AND YOU NEED TO CLEAN OFF AND ON KEEPING ITEMS IN BAGS FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS...TEDIOUS BUT WORTH THE TIME!! IF YOU DON'T CLEAN EACH ITEM IN THE AFFECTED AREAS FROM CORNER TO CORNER YOU WILL HAVE TO THROW OUT MANY ITEMS, BECAUSE THEY LOVE THE DARK AND INVISIBLE SPOTS; BUT IT'S WORTH IT BECAUSE AN AVERAGE TREATMENT @3 TIMES WILL COAST $3000.00 TO $5000.00...YES PEOPLE ARE PROFITING OFF THIS PLAQUE!... 8. I AM ONE OF THE FEW WHO HAS AN ALLERGIC REATION TO MITES AND SUCH BUGS, SO I VACUUM OFTEN IN CARPET AREAS FOR THE BUGS HAVE THIN BODIES WHICH MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM TO SLIDE THROUGH CRACKS AND EASILY LIVE BETWEEN PADDING AND FLOOR.... 9. THE KIDS SHAKE OUT BEFORE THEY ENTER THE HOUSE, AND MY SON BEFORE HE COMES BACK FROM HIS JOB AT A MARKET BECAUSE HE WORKS IN STORAGE ROOM WITH BOXES AND CRATES OF FOOD AND CLOTHING... 10. HEAT HEAT HEAT, THROW IT IN THE DRYER IF YOU NOT SURE HIGHEST TEMPERATURE... 11. STOP BUYING USED MATTRESSES AND BOXSPRINGS, I HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY! KEEP ITEMS IN ORIGINAL PLASTIC WRAPPING... 12. KEEP ALCOHOL WHEN YOU RUN OUT OF SPRAY DO NOT DILUTE (TEMPORARY TREATMENT)! DO SAME FOR PILLOWS!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 4 2013 5:51:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations on the most unsound advice on the year, I strongly suggest you read the FAQ and stop recommending things that have not worked since they were banned in 1972.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 4 2013 8:48:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Your profile says you live in Ohio, and are a daycare provider.

If that's true, I'm not sure where you're getting DDT from but reports are it isn't effective now as it once was. It's also illegal. Boasting about using it on a web forum can bring federal agents to your door.

Have you notified the parents whose children you care for that you're spraying DDT?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. Magsno

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 4 2013 9:38:28
    #

Login to Send PM

You advise is crazy, I hope for your sake it doesn't have any long term effects on your health or the kids you look after!

5. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 4 2013 12:58:38
    #

Login to Send PM

DDT!
    If you have a death wish that's your business.

You exposed children to this?
    Stupid

I second nobugsonme if you exposed children to DDT the Feds I truly hope are knocking on your door

I truly HOPE this website has an IP address catching log.
    If the DDT did not reduce your cognitive skills an ip address is the same as your phone # you are traceable

Magsno who cares about the post(ers) health he willing sprayed DDT I care only for the kids health

6. leanforward

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Mar 5 2013 7:19:02
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 1 day ago  » 
    Congratulations on the most unsound advice on the year, I strongly suggest you read the FAQ and stop recommending things that have not worked since they were banned in 1972.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

IF YOU SAY SO!

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Mar 5 2013 7:33:22
    #

Login to Send PM

leanforward - 9 minutes ago  » 
    IF YOU SAY SO!

I will happily dig out the research papers that confirm bedbugs started to become resistant to DDT in the late 60's and when last tested a few years ago it had no affect on them whatsoever.

There is also the two small facts to consider:

• DDT was banned on September 12th 1972
    • Its not just me that is saying so here, there are a lot of other replies

I sincerely hope that you have read the FAQ's and therefore understand what needs to be done with bedbugs other than making your home toxic with illegal substances. On the subject of DDT being illegal anything that you obtain with DDT will not have been manufactured recently as its illegal and therefore its even less likley to be effective.

So yes I do say so and I am willing to stack my 10+ years of dealing with bedbugs and the thousands of informative posts I have made (very few of them all in capitals) against the advice you have offered above.

If you feel I am wrong please feel free to engage me in civilized debate on the issue but it would be helpful to turn the caps lock off first.

David

8. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Mar 5 2013 12:35:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought leanforward was a troll...

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  9. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Mar 5 2013 14:49:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I second taot
    Rob

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

291,416 posts in 48,817 topics over 151 months by 21,435 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson