(4 posts)
  1. meckman

newbite

Posted 12 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2007 20:56:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, all,

I'm relatively new to this bed bug experience. I've had them for about 6-8 weeks now as far as I can tell, and have had the PCO out twice (Orkin). I'm still getting occasional bites, even though I've isolated our bed and my son's bed.

One thing I'm trying is having a bed bug-sniffing dog (from k9 in Connecticut)out on Tuesday and then haveing the exterminator out to hit any spots the dog indicates. I'm also going to have the dog sniff the countless bags of stuff (shoes, books, etc) to see which bags have bed bugs.

Have people tried these dogs and if so, how helpful and successful were they?

Thanks,

meckman

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2007 21:30:13
    #

Login to Send PM

to be honest, the results vary with the dog and trainer used. let us know how that goes, and maybe if anyone has used the CT firm, they can PM you.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. meckman

newbite

Posted 12 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2007 21:46:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, nobugsonme, I'll let you know how it goes. I've read good things about this firm--and the dogs in general--but I just (like everyone here!) want to be as close as possible to 100% that I identify where all the little buggers are so I can get rid of them. I've read PCO's have about a 30% accuracy rate in detecting where bed bugs are hiding out, and that the dogs have 90% and higher accuracy. I'd like to believe that, but I'm a little skeptical.

meckman

4. wantmyskinback

Posted 12 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2007 23:51:12
    #

Login to Send PM

i've used these dogs. i wasn't sure they were accurate. she sniffed something that didn't have any signs of infestation and she barked a positive bark. but... i took the advice and removed the item. let us know how you fare.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,903 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186