Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Bed bug self treat after extermination, what do you think?

(2 posts)
  1. iwantthemgone

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 1:52:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Its wierd that I can handle the physical bites, yeah they itch, but I don't really mind them. What kills me and freaks me out to NO LIVING END is that they are in my bed and I can't see them! Anyway, I have a question (or a few) I live with my parents and they keep the cleanest home I have ever seen, and we really have no idea how we got bedbugs. Now, she noticed the bites first, on herself, and she had no idea what they were. When she saw the bites on me too, she called the exterminator who sprays our house quarterly each year to spray for bugs right away, sobbing on the phone that she was afraid she had bugs. The exterminator said he thought it was unlikely that we had them, but he would come out tomorrow to look. That night, I came into my room, and it was by sheer luck that I saw him! I captured him in a jar and sealed him up. When the exterminator came, he could not find any traces of the bugs, no fecal matter or larvae or nothing, but when we showed him the bug, he said yep, that's a bug. So he treated our house. We begged him to come again in 2 weeks to treat the entire house (he just treated my room, my parent's room, and the couches downstairs and in the family room.

Here's my question. We got the bug bombs labeled specifically for bed bugs. And let off 6 in the entire house the night the exterminator came. He came at noon, so about 10 hours later. That was last night, so 24 hours ago we set it off. I haven't seen one single alive or dead bug, and we but mattress covers on both my mattress and box springs. We replaced my memory foam mattress and got two new pillows and cased those as well. I washed everything else on my bed in hot water and dried it for about 30 minutes longer in the dryer. I even melted my comforter. I warned my mom against setting off the Fogger stuff, but she did it anyway. So here is my question. We really didn't have a bad case to begin with because we couldn't find any evidence besides Harvey, the one bed bug we found in my bed (yes, I named him. Lame, right?) and we sprayed right away. My initial question is this. Is the Fogger bomb stuff going to make it worse, or will it not matter because we already had the guy professional guy come spray? Keep in mind that he will be coming again in two weeks and we did case and treat everything on my bed. We already put everything back on my bed as well. Please help, these bedbugs really suck.

2. iwantthemgone

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 1:58:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, and the exterminator said that a good prevention for bb is to put a flea and tick collar inbetween the matress and the sheets. It won't kill a whole infestation but it will prevent because they are a relative of the tick family, so you have to get the flea AND tick kind. Sounds interesting to me, do you think it'd work? I have never heard of it before.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316