(2 posts)
  1. hypervigilant

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jan 3 2015 10:41:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a metal shelf like this one:

Stainless Steel wire shelf

Can I basically make it bedbug proof by isolating the legs in plastic containers filled with mineral oil? I would also move it 6 inches away from the wall.

Of course, BBs could potentially be reintroduced by the items I put on the shelf, but I plan to examine or decontaminate things I put on there and keep it a "clean zone".

However, due to available space, this shelf would be about 2 ft from my bed. I've read that BBs like to keep 3-5 feet from their host. I'm also concerned the containers will crack because of the weight, but I read that these only tend to do so on padded or carpeted surfaces.

I'd also consider double sided-tape as an extra measure, but as this gets covered in dust, it might be rendered ineffective. I'm thinking the mineral oil will be lower maintenance.

2. hypervigilant

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jan 3 2015 13:26:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm also considering talc, but I'm concerned - how does one apply it to a container thoroughly? If I do not thoroughly apply it, does that mean a BB can crawl past it and upwards?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs