Bed Bug prevention

(5 posts)
  1. Jam

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 18 2017 10:28:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I was wondering how possible it was to prevention acquiring a bed bug infestation. I live in an apartment and work in a retirement home so I may have my work cut out for me. I have sprinkled DE a long wall baseboards and where there are obvious cracks. I started to shake my clothes off in the tub after work. I have a mattress encasement. I'm also thinking about using the bed buggy detector traps, would anyone recommend using those. Also what other measures can I take?

Thanks,
    Freaked Out for the Epidemic!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 18 2017 10:51:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The first stage of avoidance is understanding the issue and doing what can / will help rather than assuming its going to happen and starting to treat.

Once you understand how bed bugs spread think about your own movements and actions and cut out exposure where it is possible.

Then be a good neighbor and share the information with those around you to create an awareness bubble.

Its a lot less hard work and more thought work than it first appears.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Jam

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 18 2017 11:56:58
    #

Login to Send PM

It does. How often should I do apartment checks? And how can I make sure I identify things properly?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Sep 18 2017 12:03:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I advocate monthly inspections and a deep cleansing / cleaning of the sleeping area at the same time (call it multi tasking). This gives time for signs to build up and avoids over obsessing and looking for fluff.

Obviously if you think there is an issue look following symptoms to confirm things but try to avoid doing that more frequently than weekly.

David

5. Jam

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 19:28:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Is DE effective?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,277 posts in 49,227 topics over 152 months by 21,578 of 21,999 members. Latest: Cc8656, bb3784738, Buggingout111