Bed Bug Nymph ID needed

(3 posts)
  1. jrcbedbug

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jun 23 2015 9:10:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I realize these images are not good but am hoping it's still possible to identify. I saw this bug crawling on my leg when I was sitting on the couch last night. I let it crawl around for a bit (a minute or so) to see if it would bite but it never did. Would a bed bug nymph bite right away or would it take a while to find the "right" spot? Also, if I'm using the interceptor traps on beds and couches, about how long would it take before I start seeing definite signs of bed bugs? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    IMG_2862.1 by jrc Bedbugs, on Flickr

IMG_2868.2 by jrc Bedbugs, on Flickr

IMG_2869.1 by jrc Bedbugs, on Flickr

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jun 23 2015 9:45:41
    #

Login to Send PM

A hungry bed bug nymph would feed on you, however, I've had some crawl around for a while even though they have never fed before. The images are not really clear enough. Your camera settings show 300 dpi, but the image size is small. The flash didn't flash and I think having it flash would help. It doesn't look like a bed bug nymph, but does look like a true bug nymph of some sort. I'll hold off on 100 % ID if you can take some with a flash.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. jrcbedbug

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jun 23 2015 10:08:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for such a quick response! Hopefully, I can get a better pic.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19