(4 posts)
  1. Ikkou

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 8:28:36
    #

Login to Send PM

bed bug?

I found this on my bed in the hotel this morning. I checked the common areas when I checked in last Sunday and found nothing. I checked again this morning and still found nothing. I have no bites that I can tell, nor do I itch anywhere. I did alert there hotel to my find, but they said it wasn't a bed bug.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 9:08:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It is a bedbug, hotel are incorrect on many levels.

It may be that you have accidentally introduced it during your stay or that you brought it with you upon arrival.

I would advise you isolate your luggage upon arrival at home and decontaminate it (the FAQ covers that) and monitor to ensure you did not bring anything else back. This way you ensure its not an issue that comes come in the fist place.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. SalsaVince

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 11:03:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks recently fed too. If you smashed it, you'd probably have seen some fresh blood. Keep in mind that some people do not have reactions to bites or have delayed reactions so you can't just depend on bites to know if you have bed bug activity. Like David said, be sure to monitor at home for a while to be sure they didn't hitch a ride with you or to see if maybe you already had them as he mentioned. If you don't react to bites, it's especially important to monitor since you can't rely on knowing you're bit.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  4. Ikkou

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Feb 17 2019 23:38:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the responses! I have decontaminated everything that left that room with me, along with my car. I've also searched every room with beds, chairs, or couches for any sign of bed bug activity in my home, and found none. Is it possible it came from another room in the hotel while I was sleeping?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,715 posts in 48,877 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver