Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Bed bug lawsuit?

(5 posts)
  1. Scaredykate

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Sun Aug 26 2018 12:01:42
    #

Login to Send PM

So I’m thinking about filing a lawsuit against my apartment complex for them mishandling my bedbug problem. Has this been done successfully? Do I have the right to sue them?

Background:
    -they brought in a PCO twice, said they would only come back if I could capture a live one for them
    -the have not inspected or treated adjacent units
    -they had the maintenance guy “inspect” my apartment instead of bringing in a professional. He “cleared” me Tuesday. I found a live one this morning in my BATHROOM

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Aug 27 2018 8:41:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you tell them you found a live bed bug and they're refusing further treatment?

3. Scaredykate

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Aug 27 2018 11:33:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Bigdummy- I showed them a live bug and the PCO is coming back! Hooray! Let’s get this show on the road...not going to take any legal action...yet.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Aug 27 2018 11:55:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think you should pursue legal action if they're still actively trying to help you.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 7 months ago
    Mon Aug 27 2018 12:08:02
    #

Login to Send PM

As long as they're working on it properly, it should work out. I've been on a few cases.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,480 posts in 47,894 topics over 148 months by 21,099 of 21,437 members. Latest: HelpRn82, Kristenjames, tropicaltammi