Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

bed bug infestation not over?

(5 posts)
  1. sleclair

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 7 2009 14:34:55
    #

Login to Send PM

okay...

hi everyone! first time post, just hoping to get some advice or possibly just vent. sorry for the novel.

So, about 2 months ago, i saw one bedbug on my boyfriend's and my guest mattress after moving it. not knowing what it was, but having a horrible suspicion (our place has never had any bugs ever, so i knew it couldn't be just some random crawlie thing) i threw our two mattress outside (foam, IKEA, cheap and old), and moved into my office, sleeping on a cheap airmattress (nothing for them to live in, i figured).

We had our landlord come, who suggested the insects were attracted by our dirty dishes. Luckily, his wife is not as ignorant, and we got an exterminator out right away. He took everything apart, and found no traces of infestation except in our mattress outside. he looked seriously EVERYWHERE (even in our musical instruments and alarm clock) and sprayed all over. Since that day, none have been caught in our myriad traps, nor have we been bitten. BUT neither of us have ever reacted to bites anyways, so i guess there is no way to be 100% certain.

However, and this is the horrible part, since then, we've both been really busy. We left the dresser and nightstand in our old, now completely empty bedroom, disassembled, and since we're moving in a month, haven't gone in to clean up, just to check traps. which are always empty. the room is nothing but an ironing board (sprayed), and a dresser and a nightstand (disassembled and sprayed)

but today i went in, and i found 3 dead bedbugs in one of the drawers on the floor.

should i be concerned? i don't know how long they've been there, or if that means i should have the guy in to spray again....

2. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 7 2009 17:04:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I would call the PCO who treated and ask him this question. I know that some on this board in multi unit buildings are having on going treatments something like once every three or 4 months after their initial treatments have cleared them to just stay up against them. Again, I don't know the answer, but would definitely call your PCO and get his opinion.

3. terrik

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 7 2009 20:09:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I have been having a problem at my house for over a year now starting Jan 08. I am getting what looks like bedbug bites (small bites in rows), my cats are scratching an itching (something they never did before). The cats have been checked several times for fleas by different vets and they do not have fleas. I had them on Frontline anyway from Jan 08 to Sept 08 and it made no difference. I sprayed flea spray and it only made me and the dog ill. I have have been to 2 different dermatologists and had 2 skin biopsies with not answers. I have had a Bed bug dog to my house in Sept 08 and Nov 08 and no indication that there were bedbugs (but the agreement says there are no 100% guarantees). In all this time I have never seen a bedbug but I did at first see some tiny black "balls" of something on my sheets. When I squished one if these between my fingernails it flattened and turned grey. I just had an Orkin guy to my house and he said that he finds no indication of bedbugs. He just looked on my mattress and in my boxspring and a bit on my couches. He said it was impossible to have bedbugs for over a year and never see them. Someone please help me. I am looking for some answers. I am at the point that I am on Xanax and seeing a shrink because evesqry avenue I have gone down had lead to a dead end. And this morning I saw small blood spots on my bed. Last fall I also saw 2 small blook streaks. Is this bedbugs or not? I haven't travelled in years and can only think I may have gotten them at work.

4. DisgustedNLA

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2009 22:08:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I wanted to give everyone an update on my Bedbug situation that started back in October 2008. I ordered Diatect Results Bedbug Killer. I followed the instructions on the website. Since my bed is completely wooden, from rails to headboard, I disassembled my entire bed. I bought 2 mattress covers from Target and 91% (I believe) alcohol. I put it in a spray bottle. Each time I saw a bedbug, mainly hiding in the screwholes in my rails, I would spray them with alcohol and they would die instantly. I even sprayed my carpet all over with the alcohol.
    After encasing my mattress and my foundation, I put the diatect results on the floor and on the frame of the bed. I put my foundation on, and put more Results on there. I put the mattress on and put more there. Every 7 days, I would vacuum everything off of the floor and the rails and reapply. Each week, I would continue to see a few bugs, but it definitely was no where near the same amount as when I started. By the 8th week of me using the product, I saw no more bugs. It's been about 6 weeks now, and I have seen no bugs. I hope it can stay this way. I still have the Results on the floor, and will leave it there probably for a year since they can live up to a year w/o eating. Of course when people come over and ask what is on the floor, I tell them carpet deodorizer.
    I hope this can help someone else. BTW- I tried GoodNight- it did nothing. I tried a steamer- it also did nothing. The only thing that seemed to work was the Diatect Results. The good thing about their product is that they guarantee their product. If you follow their directions, and it still doesn't work, they will refund your money.

5. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2009 23:31:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Diatect Results is mainly DE and is an inhalation hazard. Click the tags on DE and see some health concerns from the CDC.

Jim

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956