Bed Bug ID w photos

(3 posts)
  1. ashleybbbbb

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun May 6 2018 2:35:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ll spare you the details, but my apartment was treated by a PCO in Nov. /dec. and then I treated it in February by dust/vacuuming after getting more bites but wasn’t able to find other evidence to warrant a PCO return. . Did the dust/vacuuming for 8.5 weeks, then went on a 10-day vacation. Just got back a couple days ago and found this on my flip flop (which I wear inside the apartment) — can someone positively ID?

https://www.flickr.com/gp/142799817@N02/0Q45M0

It looks like it has several legs clumped in the midsection and possibly 2 “sticks” at the tail, not sure about antennae.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun May 6 2018 5:59:03
    #

Login to Send PM

ashleybbbbb - 3 hours ago  » 
    I’ll spare you the details, but my apartment was treated by a PCO in Nov. /dec. and then I treated it in February by dust/vacuuming after getting more bites but wasn’t able to find other evidence to warrant a PCO return. . Did the dust/vacuuming for 8.5 weeks, then went on a 10-day vacation. Just got back a couple days ago and found this on my flip flop (which I wear inside the apartment) — can someone positively ID?
    It looks like it has several legs clumped in the midsection and possibly 2 “sticks” at the tail, not sure about antennae.

Obviously not a bed bug. It looks like a young, denuded silverfish.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. ashleybbbbb

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun May 6 2018 7:31:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,404 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams