(15 posts)
  1. kdawn

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 1:12:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I've had a few spots show up on my mattress the last two weeks that I was told don't look bed bug related. I wasn't really convinced, but then I just saw THIS thing on my headboard. I don't think it was moving but I moved so fast that I don't know if it was dead or not. It wasn't there yesterday. It was very very small. These pictures are zoomed in a lot, but I'm really convinced this is a bed bug someone please help tell me what this might be, as I'm so distraught over this.

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/184460104@N02/48747671681/][/url]

2. kdawn

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 1:13:55
    #

Login to Send PM

kdawn - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi,
    I've had a few spots show up on my mattress the last two weeks that I was told don't look bed bug related. I wasn't really convinced, but then I just saw THIS thing on my headboard. I don't think it was moving but I moved so fast that I don't know if it was dead or not. It wasn't there yesterday. It was very very small. These pictures are zoomed in a lot, but I'm really convinced this is a bed bug someone please help tell me what this might be, as I'm so distraught over this.
    [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/184460104@N02/48747671681/][/url]

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 1:29:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry a clearer image is needed to compensate for the squashing.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. kdawn

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 1:32:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David, does this work better? Do you feel that it looks more or less like one, a young one I'd assume?

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/184460104@N02/48747671856/in/dateposted-public][/url]

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 1:39:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Not much.

While out of focus I see more carpet beetle larva than BB, if may be that you need to focus and compare it with beetle larva images of you can’t produce a clear enough image.

David

6. kdawn

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 1:52:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay maybe this one...because it looks like there's distinct legs on this. This picture makes the legs part clearer though. If you'd comment this last time I'd really appreciate it so I can go to sleep finally. However I think with blood and what I'm convinced are eggs I have seen, I'm afraid I'm probably screwed. Thanks for your quick replies and hope to hear back one last time.

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/184460104@N02/48747337923/in/dateposted-public/][/url]

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 2:17:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug.

I would follow my previous advice and compare with beetle larva.

As for the “we are all doomed” please reflect on that given that this is not a bedbug. It’s all too easy to be the architect of your own destruction.

David

8. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 8:11:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Have a catch Cup in your bed room. Don't squish everything. By the way, you can't practically squish a bed bug beyond recognition. Too sturdy.

Where are the pictures of the eggs you talk about?

9. kdawn

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 11:41:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so I woke up and inspected my room and this I found in the window sill. It looks very similar to whatever I saw last night. However I didnt mean to squish it, either it was already dead or squished by something else. There's a few pics for size comparison. WHAT IS THIS??! The pictures of the egg isn't really good enough quality. Can one of you two maybe give some insight about this similar looking squished bug? I also saw some other tiny dead but majorly squished one beside it ... Either look like bed bugs? keeping in mind there's a small accumulation of tiny blood spots, maybe 7 in my sheets from a period of several weeks. Thanks again for the prior answers.

[/url]

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/184460104@N02/48749627613/in/dateposted-public]

[/url]

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/184460104@N02/48749952956/in/dateposted-public]

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/184460104@N02/48750147027/in/dateposted-public][/url]

10. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 11:52:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Some kind of fly. Nothing is bed bug related here.

11. kdawn

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 11:53:24
    #

Login to Send PM

May I ask why you say fly? I don't see any wings. I might be blind though. Did you see the other one that was more dark with longer legs?

12. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 11:56:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok maybe in the picture it looks like wings. It’s squished again. Anyway I din’t Think it is something to worry about.

13. kdawn

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 12:05:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok thanks! I see what you mean now. I'm still unsure about the first bug pics being a larva with the legs on it. In one of the pics they have distinct legs. I think I'm just more alert because of the fact there's a few blood spots in the bed, although small and I think you said not related. We did order the Beacon 2 wk CO2 trap. I hope maybe that's a good start to try to monitor? Any thoughts? Thanks again for all your help.

14. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 12:32:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Active monitors are for rooms where no one is sleeping. In the bedroom you need a passive monitor.

15. BedBugsLondon

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 17 2019 12:51:30
    #

Login to Send PM

It’s really time to step back from this now. You are feeding your anxiety, jumping at shadows. You have asked advice from some extremely knowledgeable people on here, trust them.
    Save your energy and possibly your sanity. Buy a passive monitor, check it daily.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as employee of the patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations.

For those that are curious, yes it can be challenging working for David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991