(11 posts)
  1. ginger57

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 2 2018 2:49:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I am 37 weeks pregnant and we just moved into a new home where we have been renovating for two months. As soon as I started sleeping there I got what I thought were hives. I have very sensitive skin and didn’t think much of it but I found this bug with blood in it. It was so tiny it was hard to identify and my family assured me it wasn’t a bedbug.

Fast forward a month my hives had gone away and all of a sudden I got them again. This time I saw a bug in my bed and when I squished it it also had blood.

Needless to say I immediately think bedbugs. But they were both so tiny it was hard to tell. I’m paranoid and scared. We stripped everything. We checked over the mattress and found nothing, no blood stains or fecal marks. No more bugs. No skins.

I will try figure out how to post a picture ASAP but I’ve nevee used forums much before. We can’t afford an exterminator with the baby almost here but I can’t sleep and my significant other doesn’t have any noticeable marks or bites and we sleep in the same bed. Please keep watch on the post I will post a pic ASAP.

2. ginger57

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 2 2018 3:01:49
    #

Login to Send PM

https://imgur.com/gallery/4Vri4

Hopefully this works!! Please help identify.

3. Bedbugmom41

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 2 2018 8:10:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry.
    It is a bedbug.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 2 2018 8:44:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug or close relative.

5. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 2 2018 18:04:19
    #

Login to Send PM

my significant other doesn’t have any noticeable marks or bites and we sleep in the same bed.
    Many people don't react to bites (around 30%).

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 2 2018 18:36:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Not an adult, but a later instar nymph, maybe 4th or 5th.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. ginger57

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 9 2018 3:11:38
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 6 days ago  » 

Hello,

So we have had one treatment done so far. The pest control guy couldn’t find any signs. He also set up sticky traps as indicators and there was nothing. My bites have finally gone down and this evening I find another live bug. Not fed. There was no blood when squished. And the same size as the last one. So you said not an adult. I have yet to find an adult bug. We cannot find the source. Our mattress has been in a special sealed case. We have the guy coming for another treatment on Saturday morning. Why is there no adults? I’m so stressed and I’m due to have this baby in 11 days. I don’t know how to fix this.

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 9 2018 6:36:05
    #

Login to Send PM

ginger57 - 3 hours ago  » 

loubugs - 6 days ago  » 

Hello,
    So we have had one treatment done so far. The pest control guy couldn’t find any signs. He also set up sticky traps as indicators and there was nothing. My bites have finally gone down and this evening I find another live bug. Not fed. There was no blood when squished. And the same size as the last one. So you said not an adult. I have yet to find an adult bug. We cannot find the source. Our mattress has been in a special sealed case. We have the guy coming for another treatment on Saturday morning. Why is there no adults? I’m so stressed and I’m due to have this baby in 11 days. I don’t know how to fix this.

Climb up monitors will work better than sticky traps. You can use folded cloth or paper towel, fan-folded paper. You didn't say if you lived in an apartment or stand-alone house.

9. ginger57

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 9 2018 9:19:41
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 2 hours ago  » 

loubugs - 6 days ago  » 

Hello,

Climb up monitors will work better than sticky traps. You can use folded cloth or paper towel, fan-folded paper. You didn't say if you lived in an apartment or stand-alone house.

We live in a stand alone house. Just moved in at the beginning of February 2018. We don’t even have many things here yet and are too worried to move in new items until this is solved.

10. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 9 2018 13:13:26
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 2 hours ago  » 

loubugs - 6 days ago  » 

Hello,

We live in a stand alone house. Just moved in at the beginning of February 2018. We don’t even have many things here yet and are too worried to move in new items until this is solved.

You don't know if the home had been infested prior to buying it?

11. goingcrazy88

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Mar 12 2018 16:30:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, bed bugs. Still in nymph stages.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45