Bed bug ID from Australia help please [expert ID needed]

(11 posts)
  1. scared2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Feb 19 2018 1:31:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Please can someone ID these freaking out... We moved states after I went crazy and covered our house in temprid sc myself after living for years with a secondhand mattress that on steam cleaning I was told it had bed bugs and was told it was fine to put back and use... That was in 2009....

Anyway never saw solid signs of bedbugs but I did see bugs popping out the mattress when the cleaners steamed it. Very uneducated those ppl were and so was I.. It wasn't until my son at 4 at my mums came up in bites I went crazy didn't get a pest controller as I couldn't afford it then so exposed myself to spraying loads of chemicals and no doubt risked our health a little on a possible we have bed bugs.

I moved small amounts to another state with us and kept them in Vac bags and now 2 years later went through them and dumped a lot of stuff out of the fear maybe...

I got some buggy beds and placed them everywhere and in the process of trying to get a better pic got my finger stuck in the glue hoping they are non toxic as the packet states... These lil
    Ones found under my babies cot... Which yes the cot frame I got over here was second hand but our new mattress I did look the frame right over.. Given the past I should only buy new...

The first pic this one was crawling accross our mattress encasement when I changed sheets which freaked me out they are tiny so worried nymphs..

The brown bug in squished I found it on the kitchen bench don't know how it got there... All I could see was my son had a toy that was down in his room and that come from our old house so I worried the dead thing travelled with us alive or dead who knows.

I feel bad for overreacting last time and exposing myself and older son to so many chemicals. And don't want the baby exposed to anything. I know we do have carpet Beetles and larvae here which I can cope with those... And I know what there skin etc looks like... Just also a powerboard in my sons room had some spots on it... But I had put that down to cockroaches but now wonder. My son has come up with bites here and there since we moved and as we get mozzies here I tried to be calm and put one of those blue light things in his room.

I've since changed to raid plug in and leave it on the first part of the night and he has only had a single bite here and there so it's hard to know mozzie or bedbug. We have been here 2 years so if we bought them here surely we would know by now?

Sorry for the long message but if anyone can ID... David if your out there I've been reading your posts since 2013 I hope you see this and can settle my nerves. Australia is a little slow in the bug education so I have no one to turn to for help.

I'm not sleeping or eating and my poor kids are looking at a shadow of a mum full of fear with the are they here...

Thank you

2. scared2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Feb 19 2018 1:50:44
    #

Login to Send PM

3. scared2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Feb 19 2018 2:29:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Are my pictures working??

4. scared2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Feb 19 2018 8:36:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone please I need help???

5. scared2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Feb 19 2018 8:45:03
    #

Login to Send PM

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Feb 19 2018 10:43:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi-- I fixed your links above. You can just paste in the URL (web address) and it will create its own link. Wait for an expert to tell you what that is. Please be patient-- experts here are volunteers and it's a holiday weekend in the US.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. scared2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Feb 19 2018 20:50:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Nobugsonme

Sorry I was just copying from flicker and pasting not sure what went wrong.

Thanks for fixing sorry that makes sense why no one is answering if it's a holiday. Cheers I'll try to remain calm.

Cheers

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Feb 20 2018 1:37:54
    #

Login to Send PM

scared2018 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Nobugsonme
    Thanks for fixing sorry that makes sense why no one is answering if it's a holiday. Cheers I'll try to remain calm.
    Cheers

Tiny ones are booklice. Large one is too much out of focus, but not a bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  9. scared2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Feb 21 2018 20:42:13
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 day ago  » 

scared2018 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Nobugsonme
    Cheers

Tiny ones are booklice. Large one is too much out of focus, but not a bed bug.

Hi Lou,

Thank you so much for your reply you mean the brown one? I thought I got a good one of that.
    I've had a pest controller here in AUS say defiantly bed bugs I asked why when an entomologist said no. That's why my partner doesn't want to get them out as we have toddler and 7 year old and had past chemical exposure in last house and it's not good if we don't have them.

I'll keep the monitors out and pray we have nothing it's stupid for me to go crazy again with chemicals. And for a pest controller to pray on a worried mum saying defiantly bed bugs that's terrible to make someone fearful they have them.

Again thanks for your help.!

Also if we moved them here with us in the few belongings we packed you would think after 2 years we would see many signs right??

I posted pics also of possible fecal marks if you get a chNce to look at those above

Cheers from Australia

10. scared2018

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Feb 21 2018 21:23:02
    #

Login to Send PM

https://flic.kr/p/Grhjzm

https://flic.kr/p/23ud25N

Also found these no we don't eat seeded rolls for quite sometime I've found two on seperate occasions whilst changing my sons sheets. He doesn't ever eat in bed.

Today this one was under the fitted sheets sitting on top of the encasement so you can see my worry as I inspect sheets daily which are white and I hot wash and dryer the sheets weekly at minimum.

We do have signs of carpet beetle here i should actually add a pic of all the skins to make sure that's larvae skins. Do carpet beetles have an egg like this?

11. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Feb 22 2018 4:44:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you have a pet? Those light objects really look like sesame seeds. The larger, dark insect isn't a bed bug, but it just doesn't seem to be in focus to see head and legs clearly. Post any images for further ID.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,394 posts in 50,185 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,432 members. Latest: Ladybug1993, PROJECTD168, Kimmmie46