Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

bed bug help

(6 posts)
  1. itchyman

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 4 2011 18:37:28
    #

Login to Send PM

over the weekend i had stayed in a really dirty scum vill hotel / hostel thanks to an awesome friend that decided to wait till the last minute to book a hotel.

after our first night in our room we awoke and discovered bed bugs. immediately i packed up my stuff and removed it from the room. when we spoke with the hotel manager he refused to give us a refund, refused to come to the room and check it. his response is we don't do checks on "Saturdays" i called the local police department and they said there is nothing they can do.

that morning after removing our belongings from the hotel we walked to a local pharmacy and asked for advice and he told us not to worry about it bed bugs don't like to travel. i instantly told him he was full of [expletive deleted] and left. when i returned from out trip but before i went home i went to a local laundry mat and threw all of my clothes and backpack and bag into a industrial washer and followed with a high heat industrial dryer. everything that could not be placed in the washer was put in plastic bags and tied up. after the clothes were don't i headed to wal greens and got some bed bug spray that is supposed to kill eggs as well as bugs. i sprayed the bag liberally and tied it back up and left it tight up for a few days. when i opened i saw no evidence of bed bugs.

Friday night we stayed in the hotel and it is now Tuesday and i am discovering bites all over my body. we spent 1 night and left as soon as we discovered bugs. i am extremely worried that even though i went through all these precautions that i might have brought some back with me ( my head is messing with me now).

with only 1 night in the hotel and the precautions i took what are the chances that i now have bed bugs in my home. could these bites just now be surfacing from being bitten at the hotel?

thanks for your time and reading. all responses will be greatly appreciated

2. BuggaPhobia

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 4 2011 19:11:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbug bites can take days to appear. So the bites you have popping up could very well be from the night you stayed at the hotel. It sounds like you took very good precautions. I would keep my eyes peeled if new bites appear.

3. itchyman

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 4 2011 19:14:23
    #

Login to Send PM

thank you so much for the quick reply. i will be putting updates here as to if i find anything else.

4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 4 2011 20:56:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, IM. Bed bugs may not "like" to travel, but often do, anyway. To help you know what you need to know, read our FAQ, particularly the one on travel. http://bedbugger.com/faqs/travel/

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  5. itchyman

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2011 17:44:11
    #

Login to Send PM

update its been 1 week ive been home. today i woke up and my bites went from smaller than a dime to huge welts the size of nickels or quarters.

i called my friend and asked him if he had any bites or anything show up and he said none. but he also brought his own sleeping bag and slept in it. he also had pants on.

i slept on top of the covers instead of under them and i was only wearing shorts and a t shirt. you think this could of caused me to be the selected host?

its hard to tell if i have more bumps or not now. but right now they are the itchiest they have been. anything i can get to help?

6. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 8 2011 17:53:19
    #

Login to Send PM

We'll see what other folks say. I'm a nonexpert who reacts to all bites (spiders, skeeters, etc) very severely. I use Benadryl Extra Strength Gel (4 ounces) at drugstores but least expensive at Target. It's important not to itch and the Benadryl helps slow down the allergic reaction. You can end up with infections from scratching. There is also a cream. One thing to be careful of is it is not meant to be spread all over body (alcohol is in it which can lead to poisening). Maybe there are some other ideas if it's for all over usage.

See what other says, but this helps me with allergies...

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993