Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Bed bug heat treatment on wednesday, any good tips?

(5 posts)
  1. Bugsgopoof

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Feb 16 2014 23:47:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been saving for close to 6 months to get this done, because my landlord states its my responsibility even though I moved in to my house and had nothing but my clothes and I know they didn't have bed bugs. I have to say that this has been the longest 6 months of my life. The treatment is going to cost about $800 plus the cost of the encasements.

Anyways, The exterminator gave me a paper that lists some of the things that I need to do but any extra tips or tricks that you might have to make a successful extermination would be great. I am really hoping that this will get rid of them once and for all.

Also, how long after a heat treatment is it okay to bring furniture in?

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 17 2014 0:16:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Welcome!

First - I wouldn't use your email address as a screen name. You may not want others who know your email to know about your problem.

Second - Have you confirmed the infestation? Can you post pictures of sample bugs you have?

All other info you requested would be best answered by the company doing your treatment.

Regards,
    John Furman
    Boot A Pest, Inc.
    New York's "Best Bed Bug Exterminator" NY Magazine

3. Bugsgopoof

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 17 2014 0:22:23
    #

Login to Send PM

There is no doubt I have BB's, exterminator confirmed and my daughter brings me one or 2 every day when she catches them crawling on her blankets.

I asked tons of questions and the exterminator was awesome at answering them, I was just looking for any tips that anyone may think could help, possibly from personal experience.

the furniture thing just popped in my head today so I wont get a chance to ask until tomorrow.

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 17 2014 0:27:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think theres much to it really. Follow the recommendations of your company of choice.

The only thing I would recommend is holding off for about a month with regard to new furniture purchases. Make sure the problem is gone, gone, gone, before buying anything new.

Best of luck with your treatment!

Regards,
    John Furman
    Boot A Pest, Inc.
    New York's "Best Bed Bug Exterminator" NY Magazine

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 17 2014 4:21:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Please email me about changing your username to something that isn't your email address. You can do this here.

Thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,891 posts in 50,057 topics over 155 months by 21,882 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019