Bed Bug Free For 5 Months [significant OT content]

(44 posts)
  1. RWhit

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 11 2013 10:09:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug free for 5 months and counting.

I first discovered we had bed bugs in August of 2012, at first I went totally crazy and called several exterminators for inspections and quotes. I did the whole not sleeping at night, stopped my entire world so I could dwell on bed bugs. I look back and cringe at how bad I let them control my life, and how much time I lost riding the bed bug crazy train.

My husband and I decided to hire terminix for a co2 and pesticide treatment, which was suggested by terminix. I did all the prep work in about 24 hours, disasembled all the beds, took of all the outlet and lightswitch plates, laundered every article of cloth in my home, as well as all the other list of things required before they would step foot in my home to treat.

They came in for the first treatment, my daughters and I had to leave because of the chemicals for about 5 hours. Upon my return the PCO had left me a note saying to throw away my toddlers bed as it was "heavily infested". I was really confused by this as my children were not sleeping in their room at the time, they were sleeping in my bed with me while my husband worked the night shift. So of course I came on here, all extra dramatic trying to figure out how this could be. David Cain comes to the rescue and we had our first chat and he comes up with a plan, after letting me know my home was not badly infested, in fact it was very mild compared to some cases. So I did most of what he told me to do, and I felt cooler and calmer after talking to him. Terminix comes in for 2 more treatments, I was still finding live bed bugs, only they weren't near or around my bed much anymore they were on the other side of my bedroom, I would find them in the crown molding on my ceiling and in between the carpet and wall junctions. So by this point I'm frusterated and pretty much hysterical. So I PM David again and we talk again.. and basically what it boiled down to is I didn't follow his intructions like I should have ALL the way, I left a part of it out. So he scolded me a little and I can understand why, I look back at it now and smile a little. Anyway, after talking to him the second time it was time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. I followed his intructions to a T and ever since then I have been bed bug free. He saved my sanity and gave my daughters their mother back and my husband his wife back.

I'm still not sure where we got the bed bugs from. The infestation started in my daughters bedroom, and moved to my bedroom. So my best guess would be they came here on my 3 year old daughter. At that age she's always with me so it was somewhere we went together. I have ideas but I really just don't know.

So I prevent a bed bug infestation again the best I possibly can. I make my children take their clothes off in a smooth plastic container as soon as they get home from school or a playdate or anywhere else bed bugs might be, my husband and I also do this. I shut the lid on the container and keep it my sun room until there is enough clothes to wash. I do the hot cycle and dry them on the highest heat setting. I packtite my purse and any other belongings I had with my that are packtiteable. I still don't let my daughters have friends over, I just don't feel comfortable with it until I figure out the source of where the bed bugs came from to begin with.
    I also have the passive monitors on all beds and sofas in my home, I even have one in my car. People that aren't sure if they work.. they do.. I can assure you. I check mine every week, just for peace of mind, and I sleep like a baby :).

The best advice I can give someone that is dealing with a bed bug infestation is to not over react. I remember my first post on here about my infestation and it's beyond embarassing. Please don't link it lol. I wasted so much time worrying about bed bugs, and all the sleepless night made me a very horrible person to be around. I would cry all the time and have anxiety attacks. Over what? Little bugs that drink your blood while you are sleeping. They lived in my bed for a couple months before I even knew I had them, they didn't bother me then. It's all in your head. I didn't run my first half marathon last September because I was so exhausted from psyching myself out all the time. Just take a deep breath and calm down, you are going to do much better fighting your bed bugs with a clear and rested mind!

I cannot thank David Cain enough for all his help. I remember after our second conversation I went to sleep that night and slept for 14 hours. He's my hero I think if all PCO's were like him we wouldn't be in a bed bug epidemic right now. It would also help if people would quit being so naive and educate themselves as well.. but I can't point fingers.. I was one of those people once.

So there you have it, my kind of bed bug story lol. I would like to add that I won't give any information about my David Cain bed bug action plan as the plan was made for me, and I also promised him my secrecy.

Thanks for reading, and take care.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 11 2013 22:14:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Oops sorry I missed this until someone just linked this thread.

I am glad the tough love worked. I know it can seem harsh at first but having walked so many people through the process I know at times it is the best medicine you can have.

Hope you remain bedbug free.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 11 2013 23:59:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for sharing your success story!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. RWhit

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 12 2013 9:14:24
    #

Login to Send PM

David - I really can't thank you enough for all your help!

Nobugsonme- No problem, I hope this post helps someone

5. RWhit

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 12 2013 9:30:02
    #

Login to Send PM

David, I almost forgot. You still owe me a video of you sucking up wall paper with your modified dyson. I asked my husband for the DC41 Animal Complete Dyson for valentines day, I mean really.. who needs jewelry when you can get a beautiful piece of machinery like that. If he gets it for me, I will hug it everyday.

6. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 12 2013 12:01:44
    #

Login to Send PM

RWhit, not to get too off topic, but I bet your husband is hoping you will hug HIM every day.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  7. pinkthumbnail

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 12 2013 13:38:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for sharing this! I found bites on my arm a couple of weeks ago, and one dead bug last week. My landlord is getting a PCO in on Thursday to spray, and I've been more than a little hysterical at times. I don't get itchy from the bites - just little pink bumps. I also have searched everywhere in my apartment and haven't found anything, but they're spraying anyway. The loss of sleep and feeling helpless and creeped out has caused a couple of fights with my roommate (this is a phobia for me - he's looking at it as a mere inconvenience and hasn't really put any of the work into getting ready). It's nice to hear that this isn't the end of the world as I know it!

8. RWhit

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 7:58:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Theyareoutthere- I already give him a hug everyday, he's my soul mate and we've been together for 9 years! However the dyson will make up for the fact he got me a huge box of my favorite chocolate toffee candies while I was doing a cleanse Oh well, my children sure enjoyed them!

Pinkthumbnail- I promise, it really is not the end of the world. I'm sure I've been bitten as I've found a live one crawling on me in my sleep. I never had any bite marks, itching, or any other symptom of a bite, and neither did any of my children. My husband did get pink little bumps that itched, mostly on the backs of his legs. I don't know why it was just that spot, I honestly can't remember now if he had bites elsewhere. It was a phobia for me too, I couldn't stand anything that was creepy and crawly but what a bold way to face your fears! Now I don't really get to bothered by bugs, except spiders. All your emotions are pretty normal I would say, a lot of people feel the same way, it's a shock, it sucks, and it's inconvenient, but you will get through it I promise. Being sleep deprived and on edge will only make having a roomate that isn't on the same page even more stressful. Try getting some rest and then having a long talk with him about how you feel and what you two need to do. If you need to chat just PM me :). Remember it's just a bad time, not a bad life.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 9:14:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi RWhit,

I will see if I can find the footage and edit the rest of the case footage out as it was a 10/10 and generally they are too distressing for "normal" folks to watch.

I may get my cleaner to read this, she hates the Dyson I have at home, says its a mans vac as its over engineered, she wants me to get her a commercial style one which I personally hate although we have compromised, she gets the cleaner she wants but also have to use a super-heated steamer so I get a steralised home as a bonus (not that I seem to spend much time there at present although the view of the sun coming up over Manhattan this morning from the 38th floor was rather special (I would post pics but my stalkers might triangulate my position based on the view)).

David

10. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 11:37:34
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 2 hours ago  » 
    . . . although the view of the sun coming up over Manhattan this morning from the 38th floor was rather special (I would post pics but my stalkers might triangulate my position based on the view)).
    David

Wow . . . I can't believe you just referred to TAOT as a stalker! I don't think she is going to like that very much!

Now me on the other hand . . . I already have it narrowed down to five possible locations.. . . . Hmmm, "Manhattan" and "38th floor" you say? I think that just narrowed it down a bit further!

11. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 12:06:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Its OK, the hotel are used to handling people like me and in a short while I am being moved to a different floor for added protection. In fact front desk just suggested I have a meeting with the head of security.

David

12. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 12:50:21
    #

Login to Send PM

You're having a meeting with the head of security?! Hey, I happen to know him. He's a very good friend of mine! (I told you I narrowed it down - once you call around to all the hotels in the Manhattan area asking for Master Cain's room, it's a piece of cake.)

And even though you are non-diary, I happen to know that he is quite fond of ice cream cones, as am I! Tell him I said hi!

13. Overcast

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 12:57:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, you are right about keeping calm - they are just bugs after all. I guess me living in the 'projects' while I went to college got me over that fear of nasty bugs... sadly.

14. RWhit

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 13:24:32
    #

Login to Send PM

David - Sorry to hear about your housekeeper. She really is missing out. My moto is "look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a boss" so it wouldn't shock me if that's one of the reasons I have a weird obsession with my dyson lol. I have a couple girl friends that also love their dyson. You know what they say.. once your go dyson you never go back.. er maybe the dyson is just to much machine for some woman to handle.

Gosh David, your life must be extra stressful, you have to constantly deal with bed bugs and stalkers. Now your being moved to a different floor! MORE stress! Now you have to check your new room for bed bugs. Jeeze, I really admire you. All of that in a good days work

15. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 13:56:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Its a tough life and job but someone has to do it.

I only got an hours sleep last night with too much running through my mind and the thought that being so close to the top of the building someone could appear at the window having abseiled down from the top (thankfully the windows are sealed shut).

Thankfully in this hotel the rooms are easy to check and I can do a full screen in about 2 minutes, including checking for stalkers hidden under the beds.

I have to ask though why people in NY are walking around with soot marks on their foreheads today, was there another localised eruption of the Icelandic volcano with the unpronounceable name (although for that matter most things in Iceland have unpronounceable names).

David

16. NOtobedbugs

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 14:21:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Just in case someone doesn't know why people are walking around with soot marks on their forehead.... it is Ash Wednesday, a Catholic tradition.

17. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 17:15:05
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 3 hours ago  » 
    I only got an hours sleep last night with too much running through my mind and the thought that being so close to the top of the building someone could appear at the window having abseiled down from the top.David

So what you're saying is I was in your head and you were thinking about me all night. . . awwwww that's just the sweetest thing you've ever said to me David Cain!!! bwahahahaha

bed-bugscouk - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thankfully in this hotel the rooms are easy to check and I can do a full screen in about 2 minutes, including checking for stalkers hidden under the beds.
    David

So is that a hint that you are in the hotel with the glass floors?!

18. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 17:53:51
    #

Login to Send PM

No glass floors around here and I am now on a different floor so I get a different view from here on in.

David

19. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 18:01:18
    #

Login to Send PM

AbsolutelyFreaky- Mr. Cain won't even acknowledge my name. As stated earlier in this thread..

Oops sorry I missed this until someone just linked this thread.

Someone, huh? Someone? I send you all these gifts and Absolutely takes all the credit

Mr. Cain, are you enjoying having your windows washed all day and night?

TAOT

20. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 18:05:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi TAOT,

What was supposed to be a quiet chill out day has turned into a day full of conference calls and intrigue from the front desk when they read the company name on my credit card. It appears I have an extra presentation to give before I leave NY on Saturday. I am beginning to think that this city is BB obsessed.

David

21. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 18:06:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Interesting, did they upgrade you? Are you doing consulting?

Or were they afraid you had an unlimited or limited supply of bedbugs with you?

22. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 18:27:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been asked to discuss my approach to the issue with management before I leave on Saturday. I have told them they will have to wait until after I have a meeting with another Hotel in Manhattan tomorrow. Hopefully it will end up with ay least one safe place to stay in NYC.

David

23. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 18:32:20
    #

Login to Send PM

That's awesome! Which brings us back to the OP saying how helpful you are and back on topic.

I know the passives seem tricky, but it seems to logical. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that. The only thing that has worried me is staff training. Our cleaning lady's first job was supervising several floors of cleaning staff at a major, luxury hotel in town (that is a chain). They only had so many minutes to clean the room and so many to inspect it. I asked about inspecting for BBs and she said that happened about once a week and was not as thorough as it should be (she is no longer on staff after taking another job so I don't know if this is still the case).

24. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 18:40:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi TAOT,

The training is now DVD based and only takes 30 seconds to inspect a room with an average maid only needing to check 2 - 3 rooms per day its only an extra 1 minute 30 seconds added to their work load and an extra 1 minute 30 seconds for the supervisors to conduct the first QC loop.

Its actually a lot easier to do in a standard room configuration such as a hotel and to be frank people often make it more complex than it needs to be with their own homes but it is almost understandably given that just about everything else connected with bedbugs is made to appear to be super complex and difficult.

Its all about the zen and six sigma simplicity with me, I am sure someone once said if you build it they will come, in my experience it does not take that long for a bedbug to move into the Passive Monitor even if they are being delivered to the other side of the room. I have the advantage of having studied so many cases that their behavior is more predictable than most humans. If all our homes were as simple and uncluttered as a hotel room bedbugs would be no challenge to deal with.

David

25. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 21:51:46
    #

Login to Send PM

1. I'm going to ask a dumb question (I've been thinking about it with that post by the poor person whose mother's lift chair keeps getting BBs). If there is a harborage in the sofa and the lift chair is heated, in say, an Insect Inferno and then cleaned and then a passive monitor placed on it...would the BBs migrate to the chair since that is where someone is the most.

2. I guess the short question is, if they have a been dropped in a hotel room on the chair and desk area, will they migrate to the bed since that is where people are the most? Even if there is not a harborage at the bed?

Question 1 has a harborage in the sofa and Question 2 has a BB dropped off with no harborage.

I know, I know...dumb questions...

26. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 22:00:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes the bedbugs would migrate to the lift chair, not necessarily all at once but with time they will always seek food and the most regular source is where they will head.

The same is true of the hotel room scenario which is akin to office based infestations, you may drop in a random place but they will seek food and then seek harbourage close to regular food sources.

David

27. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 22:04:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Way to go back on topic, TAOT!

28. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 22:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I know...I must be running a fever. Or, maybe all this nearness to Mr. Cain is going to my head (I can smell his cologne from here).

Back to on topic again....this is really interesting about no matter where they are dropped, they will migrate to regular food. So, if you have them spread all out in the house or apartment or office, that would be unusual.

Note: I am not stalking nor have I ever stalked any of the PCOs on this site. That's Abs job and she does it most excellently.

29. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 22:19:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi TAOT,

Its not quite that black and white, there are lots of things that people and professionals can do to spread bedbugs around the place but the antidote is usually education based.

David

30. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 22:23:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, David Cain, for your patience in answering my questions...as well as for your assistance to people on this site such as the Original Poster, the person with the lift chair issue, the numerous bug IDs, etc. Have a good time in NYC on V-day!

31. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 22:40:48
    #

Login to Send PM

theyareoutthere - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Note: I am not stalking nor have I ever stalked any of the PCOs on this site. That's Abs job and she does it most excellently.

Why thank you TAOT . . . but if we're playing true confessions I guess this would be the time where I confess that I'm not really stalking you David Cain. I know that's really going to come as a big surprise to you, but you can now sleep peacefully tonight.

32. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 22:43:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Abs, I'm all bark and no bite :)...hope you are too...you have been very supportive of the PCOs on this site...I'm sure they wish there were 100 people like you. The calendar alone really means a lot to them so thanks for doing that.

P.S. So, what cologne do you think he's wearing?

33. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 23:01:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually . . . My bite's pretty bad

Hmmmm, regarding the cologne issue . . . I'm going with none. Master Cain has mentioned several times how heightened his senses are, so if that's all of his senses, I'm thinking cologne might be too much for him????? Or maybe only when he goes clubbing with a pair of 20 year olds for his birthday???

Inquiring minds David Cain . . . care to enlighten us?

34. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 23:10:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Abs!

Per Nobugs, we must stay on topic. Mr. Cain should not answer that question about cologne. Can you think of a bedbug related question to ask him to stay on topic?

Bad Abs! Bad girl (but I guess that's why you will get a very nice V-day present :oops:..don't EVEN want to think about what you have done to deserve it!!!!)

If this topic gets marked OT or adult, I had NOTHING to do with it!!!!!

TAOT

35. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 13 2013 23:20:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Ummm, David Cain do you wear any cologne while fighting bedbugs??? If so, what is your cologne of choice and do the bedbugs seem to like it?!

Oh, I just remembered that DC has said that he can smell the odor of bbs sometimes, so yes that sense is probably heightened also so I'm going back to no cologne.

Maybe we should start our own thread "everything we ever wanted to know about David Cain while he's in New York and more"?!

And TAOT I'm pretty sure you are the one that brought up DC's cologne, at least twice.

36. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 7:31:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Just in passing

And nobugs thanked me for staying on topic...

Mr Cain, have you rode transit in nyc? Have you seen bugs in public places? Where?

37. RWhit

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 8:20:43
    #

Login to Send PM

TAOT- You are a freaking riot! Seriously, I haven't laughed this much in such a long time!

Absolutelyfreaking- I'm sure Mr.Cain is almost on paparazzi status. So with that being said, between the paparazzi and his stalkers all his dirty and not so dirty secrets will be aired out for the public to see.

Seriously though, every time you guys mention the stalking thing I picture David as Austin Powers running from a bunch of screaming woman lol. It's a pretty funny visual.

While we are on the topic of asking David questions. Have you ever been given a hotel room that had a bed bug infestation? If so, how did you handle it?

38. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 8:37:12
    #

Login to Send PM

RWhit - 15 minutes ago  » 
    While we are on the topic of asking David questions. Have you ever been given a hotel room that had a bed bug infestation? If so, how did you handle it?

Here you go RWhit, here's a thread that might answer part of your question. There was a discussion on which experts have found bed bugs in hotel rooms upon inspection. I believe DC said he has found them numerous times.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/david-killer-is-it-best-to-ask-a-hotel-first-about-their-bed-bug-avoidance

39. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 8:55:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Dealing with the on topic first, yes I do occasionally get rooms with bedbugs and bedbug signs, its about 1 in 20. As I always check before I sleep in a hotel room I detect it and avoid the discomfort of exposure and the risk of having to wear the "goofy" pants. How the hotel handle the bad news dictates if I am willing to stay there again in the future, i.e. denial is only acceptable when its a river in Egypt.

I have not used mass transit this trip although I have on previous trips and somewhere on NY versus Bedbugs there is footage of me on the subway, standing I might add (or until I had checked the seats out).

For the record I am unscented and "au natural" when working, the alcohol base of most colognes would disrupt my sense of smell too much but when out clubbing I prefer CK Obsession or Izzi for men.

The last time I was seriously "papped" was a few years ago now when I was leaving Mick Jagger's sons 18th birthday party in London at about 3am. It was a great medieval themed party although I spent a fair amount of my time there trying to chat up Lizzie Jagger (the super model - before she got super status) and daddy was not too happy about it. Not that I go to many celeb parties, in fact I have worked in many celeb homes but they never ask me to hang out with them.

I am spending this V-day romancing hotels to see if we cant find a way of making sweet music together and savings their relationships with their customers. I will save being with my lust ones until I get home.

David

40. Koebner

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 9:28:18
    #

Login to Send PM

"Goofy pants"? Immediately assumed you meant a sealed emergency clothing kit containing Disney-character underbeneaths.

Then there was a smell of burning electrics as my mind refused to accept its own invention & I goggled at the screen.

41. RWhit

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 10:11:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Seriously, what has my thread turned into? (Significantly OT content) lol

Hotels scare me, as much as I try to stay pretty calm about bed bugs. I haven't stayed in a hotel in about 9 years though. I've been wanting to take a trip to Chicago, I haven't been there since I was a child. From what I've read, Chicago has the highest amount of bed bug infestations though. However, if I take the right precautions then I guess I really have nothing to worry about.

Also, thanks to the "someone" who posted the link to the thread about hotels. I really appreciate it "someone"

Ah, so I guess the lifestyle's of the rich and famous aren't always bed bug free. Makes sense as a lot of celebrities travel a lot. When I told my doctor about my bed bug infestation, he made a comment about a millionaire in my area having bed bugs. As if he were shocked, or as if because the man was wealthy he shouldn't have bed bugs. I've heard so many stupid comments about bed bugs I just tune it out now. Like my Momma says "stupid is as stupid does".

42. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 10:21:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Goofy pants = any pants made of nonleather material

OP, just as a FYI to you, Nobugs is trying to develop software to identify whenever certain PCOs and a certain other Bedbugger forum member who shall not be named (but gives a lot of gifts) are on a thread...the thread often goes off topic...

David, back on topic...if you wish to discuss it...why did RWhit...the original poster..have bugs scattering after treatment or in odd places? RWhite promised not to discuss it.

It's a good thing I'm here to get things back on track. I'm the conductor here.

43. RWhit

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 11:13:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Good question, I only promised not discuss my treatment plan that David made for me.

The reason they were scattering, as I understand it.. my hired PCO did a crap job. Came into my home and sprayed a bunch of chemicals making the bed bugs run away and hide. He was deflecting the problem, not fixing the problem. As a matter of fact, most of the bed bugs I found while doing Davids treatment were not in my bed or around it. I put the ones I did find that were alive in a jar, I don't know if it's typical bed bug behavior but after being in the jar for a day or two they started to fall apart. I didn't really care, I wasn't planning on keeping them as pets or anything. It just seemed odd to me.

44. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 12:24:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Goofy pants is a reference to a certain BB pro who had to wear them as he did the walk of shame in Florida. I am assured that he now always checks a hotel room before his family move in.

bedbugs = exposure pest

Therefore the more the travel the greater the risk is regardless of where you stay. Wealthy people travel more and therefore have a higher risk of BB's unless you adopt the Howard Hughes model although Mr James is more familiar with the Spruce Moose than I am.

RWhit is correct a bad chemical treatment does more harm than good and can force bedbugs to disperse int he same way that foggers and aersol products do. The only solution is to get professionals into the mode of doing a good job or not doing a job and that sadly aint ever gonna happen.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956