Bed bug free

(7 posts)
  1. bitethebullet

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 22:55:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey y’all,

I’ve made it a point to stay connected to this site even though we had our heat treatment 60 days ago. Once 60 days hit I planned on writing a post and here it is!

We traveled to LA in October and stayed with a relative of my boyfriends for 3 days. She had an infestation so bad, when we arrived home we both had 80+ bites all over our bodies. Misdiagnosed with scabies we began washing everything we owned and followed the protocol given by our doctor.

Fast forward to a week later. Our bags had been brought into the room and had been sitting by the bed the entire time. We get a message from my boyfriends cousin that she has a horrifying bed bug infestation and we begin the process of obsessively cleaning the apartment. I buy DE but still don’t see any bugs for about a week. We get a K-9 unit to come, get cleared and 2 nights later I catch a live female running across my sweater on the couch. I start finding black dots all over our white sheets. They smear when I brush them with a damp q-tip or even my fingernail. Our PCO schedules a heat treatment for 3 days later. She also gives us a 200 discount for the false negative the dog had given during the inspection. (We have 3 animals so that is probably why the pup was distracted by all the smells, I don’t know.)

We are at 60 days this week with no signs. No stains, no bites, no casings, and no live bugs. (I’m still itchy on occasion but no visible bumps like before. We relocated from Texas to Seattle and it’s a lot dryer here. Funny, I know.)

Normally I’d be afraid I’m jinxing it but I know that’s not a real thing. You either have them or don’t, and so far....we don’t! The heat treatment was successful and if anyone in the Seattle area needs a recommendation—we have a great PCO.

(Edited to add we will always monitor for bed bugs from here on out. I have a packtite monitor in our couch and we have climb-ups on the bed.)

“I’ve got edge!”

“You’re about as edgy as a satsuma.”
  2. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 23:43:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Great news - thanks for letting us know. Did you have a dusting of any kind with the heat? Did you have the monitors before having the treatment? Again, congratulations.

3. bitethebullet

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Feb 7 2018 0:38:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Faye- Absolutely. They dusted cimexa in every crack, crevice, and outlet. They were insanely thorough. We had silver fish dying for days after. They also made sure to blow heat under the bathroom sink which I guess is a huge issue because of how large the holes can be for the pipes in there.

I put the monitors up after the treatment.

4. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Feb 7 2018 1:24:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Glad you're bed bug free and hope you remain so.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Feb 7 2018 11:27:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats!
    And thanks for posting your update, it's great for newcomers to see the outcome.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  6. HifromChi

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Feb 7 2018 11:49:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Wonderful news!!

Thanks for coming back to share your success, it is what keeps a lot of people going when the going gets rough.

7. patriciawest

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 2:35:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Great to hear this, Thanks for sharing. This will surely be a help to others.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,645 posts in 44,807 topics over 137 months by 19,666 of 20,369 members. Latest: PeterJensen, DamselInBugDistress, Pleasehelp12