Bed bug feces

(11 posts)
  1. senseidarcy

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Aug 11 2009 13:49:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I know that bed bug feces can be black or red and that when they land on sheets, they will absorb the fabric. I've seen some poppy seed shaped pieces on hard surfaces, and when I touch them, they smear just like chalk would. Has anyone every seen bed bug feces smear like chalk? It's not wet at all, but extremely dry. My roommate recently found a bed bug, and while I haven't been bit in about 3 weeks, I have seen these "feces," except not near my bed - they are around the windows and on the floor - so I'm just wondering if the bed bugs could have wandered into a different area of my room. We're having an exterminator come tomorrow, but just for peace of mind, I'd like to know if what I've found are in fact bed bug feces.

2. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Aug 11 2009 15:03:59
    #

Login to Send PM

No, surely they aren't...

3. senseidarcy

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Aug 11 2009 15:57:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, you don't think so?

4. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 10:11:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I know that this is a very old topic, but, I was hoping for more clarification on it.

In my office today, (Where I think I was bitten yesterday), I have had two incidents today where there were black spots that appeared on either paper or a folder. I went to pick them up/flick them away, and they both smeared like chalk would. They are black, the smear is black, and the thing itself is black. They seem to fleck a bit.

They do not smell like anything.

Could this be feces of bugs that have been eyeing me while I'm working?

5. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 11:12:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd still love to hear what people think (and do chime in).... but I think I found the source. The vent above my desk. I ran my finger inside of it, and sure enough, same dark black flaky stuff that smears like charcoal or chalk.

Hooray for Paranoia.. or something like it.

6. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 12:42:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I love jumping at itchy red bumps.

Your discovery doesn't surprise me, but I had very little exposure to fecal droppings.

7. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 13:55:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Ashamed, have you had mystery bites? By that I mean, bites that itch, and seem like they could be BB, but aren't?

I guess the bite is what scares me the most

8. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 14:08:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I have. So far, they've cleared up too fast or ultimately never gotten as red, itchy and welted as any of my previous bites. I figure I'm only 10 days out of the apartment. My skin is still hypersensitive. My allergies can change, but not usually this fast, so for now I'm riding it out with nothing that is definitive enough to scare me. I need to get my passives in place next.

Relaxing has helped, by the way, I'm seeing less questionable bumps. I think the stress was creating a response in my skin.

9. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 14:22:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Ya, this was the first definite "bug bite" that I've had since treatment #1. I just don't know what kind of bug.

I have noticed though a huge increase in body acne since I found out I had them.

10. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 15:00:47
    #

Login to Send PM

OhNoes - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Ya, this was the first definite "bug bite" that I've had since treatment #1. I just don't know what kind of bug.
    I have noticed though a huge increase in body acne since I found out I had them.

I'm so glad to hear you say that because I was like, is this from packtiting for a month straight? Why am I suddenly acne girl?

11. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 15:04:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I've always had some body acne, but, it either broke out like crazy, or i just started noticing it more. I've picked up a horrible habit of running my hands over my arms and legs feeling for bumps all day long. I find them all the time, mostly, they are not itchy, which tells me not a bite since I do react. My GF absolutely hates this new habit.

It may be messed up to say, but I wish these damn things were bigger! That way we could see them better. The way they are, unless you see it on you, a stage 1 or 2 nymph might as well not exist.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993