Bed Bug Eggs on Bed Frame? [a: bed bug fecal and hatched eggs]

(7 posts)
  1. boxcar

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jan 25 2014 9:36:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I posted a couple days ago about my uncomforting experience with a PCO( Uncooperative PCO in Paris ). Since then, I have inspected my bed frame and found what look like eggs to me.

There are several places on the bed frame that look like this. I imagine their are even more in the cracks and joins that I cannot see. In the past couple of days I have found over 50 bed bugs, but only in the immediate vicinity of the bed. If these are eggs, I have a couple of questions.

1) I tried picking up the eggs with scotch tape (difficult because they seem to stick to the frame so well), do I risk spreading the eggs around by interacting with them?

2) The PCO refuses to return sooner than 4 weeks from the first treatment. Assuming these eggs hatch before then, is there anything I can do with the newly hatched bugs before the next treatment?

3) Should I try and dispose of the eggs before they have the chance to hatch?

2. boxcar

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jan 25 2014 9:42:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, made a mistake when posting the picture. Hopefully this works.

bedbugevidence by hartmannwiii, on Flickr

If that does not appear, the link is Possible bed bug eggs

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jan 25 2014 11:39:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes that is both faecal and hatched eggs. You can tell when an egg has hatched because it changes colour from a honey amber to a more bright white.

I would say those signs have been in place for a few months and is not an advanced infestation but all the areas and data needs to be taken into account when working out the introduction date.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. needrest

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jan 25 2014 18:54:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    Sorry to read about your troubles. Is there any way you could get landlord to call PCO and ask them to come back sooner?
    You can get some alcohol and spray bottle at a pharmacy or store and spray the bugs and eggs.
    You,d need to be very careful spraying alcohol because it,s flameable.
    It needs to be the 91% kind. I think it,s 91%. The one with highest percentage of alcohol.
    If you have a vaccum with a hard brush attachment you may be able to vac/scrape up eggs and bugs.
    Dispose of bag after.
    I,m not a bug pro guy so this is all I got for ideas and not sure if this would mess up what PCO has allready done.
    Hope your PCO comes back soon and you get this taken care of.

5. boxcar

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jan 26 2014 13:13:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks very much for the replies. It is comforting to know that those eggs are already hatched. I looked over the bed frame very carefully again today, and I did not see anything that looked like unhatched eggs to me. I'll just keep killing the ones that I see and try to push the PCO to come back in less than 4 weeks.

6. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jan 26 2014 14:31:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Alcohol won't kill eggs, is flammable and can damage surfaces. Detergents also kill bed bugs on contact and can be used. Hatched eggs and marks are signs of bed bugs but themselves don't need to be "killed". If you work over a plastic tarp and and use appropriate cleaner and scrubs, you can clean some of this up. If you are continuing to see a lot of bugs, 4 weeks is not a reasonable wait for re-treat (seems long enough for the PCO to have left the country). If you believe that this PCO can be worked with, you need to lean on him. Otherwise, a new, more ethical PCO.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  7. needrest

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jan 26 2014 16:49:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes cilecto is right. Alcohol won,t kill the eggs. My bad. It kills the heck out of live ones though. Of course it has to be a direct hit.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams