Bed bug eggs ID

(7 posts)
  1. Chivabug

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jul 31 2018 5:39:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everybody, I just found these bug eggs on my room window. I think that they are definitely bug eggs even if I don't which kind of bug they belong to.

Here's the pic:

My guess is bed bugs simply because three weeks ago I stayed in a place that I suspect might have been infested with bed bugs , even if I never found any proof.

I am from Italy and finding a PCO here will be extremely difficult. I was thinking, in order to confirm that these are bed bug eggs, to put them in a ziplock and see if they hatch. Eggs don't die if I pull them off right?

Any help will be appreciated, paranoia and anxiety are starting to take over me.

2. Chivabug

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jul 31 2018 5:41:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, I realized I did not upload the picture correctly, here it is :

Bed bug eggs

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jul 31 2018 6:10:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Chivabug - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry, I realized I did not upload the picture correctly, here it is :

No, I'd say not bed bug eggs. Need a more close-up picture, but they don't look right.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Chivabug

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jul 31 2018 6:22:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunately I don't have a better camera than the one of my phone. I took a couple more close ups.

pic

pic 2

Just to be sure, does my idea of locking the eggs in a ziplock make sense? Would they hatch without any oxygen ?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jul 31 2018 7:25:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Chivabug - 1 hour ago  » 
    Unfortunately I don't have a better camera than the one of my phone. I took a couple more close ups.
    Just to be sure, does my idea of locking the eggs in a ziplock make sense? Would they hatch without any oxygen ?

They're really not the right morphology for bed bug eggs. There is plenty of air in the sealed Ziplock bag, BTW.

6. Chivabug

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jul 31 2018 12:58:52
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 5 hours ago  » 

They're really not the right morphology for bed bug eggs. There is plenty of air in the sealed Ziplock bag, BTW.

What would the right morphology be then? Judging by the pics I saw in here and google, they look pretty similar to me, so now I don't know how to tell the difference. They should be like oval shaped (not round), white-ish and approx 0,039 inch (1 mm) right?

Here some more data: size is slightly smaller than 0,039 inch. Color is like cream, definitely not white. Maybe bed bugs'ones are more translucent? I found some of these eggs also right behind the headboard of the bed, in a wooden piece of furniture.

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Aug 1 2018 18:45:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Look at these eggs
    patchwork by louento.pix, on Flickr

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox