Bed bug egg question....

(4 posts)
  1. sfeh9

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 0:57:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Would a bed bug egg shell/cast survive the washer? Like would it not crumble/disolve in the water?
    While transferring clothes to drier I found what looked like a bed bug egg in the item that went through the washer. I know what bed bug eggs look like just worndering if it was possibly a piece of tape or something that could have been shaped like that.

2. sfeh9

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 0:57:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I “think” we have been bed bug free for almost a year therefore I’m kind of freaked if it is an egg

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 11:45:11
    #

Login to Send PM

An egg would not dissolve in the washer, but to find a single egg among a load of laundry is unlikely, especially since there are no signs of a current infestation. I think you've just given yourself a good scare, but it's good to stay vigilant.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 13:18:06
    #

Login to Send PM

sfeh9 - 12 hours ago  » 
    Would a bed bug egg shell/cast survive the washer? Like would it not crumble/disolve in the water?
    While transferring clothes to drier I found what looked like a bed bug egg in the item that went through the washer. I know what bed bug eggs look like just worndering if it was possibly a piece of tape or something that could have been shaped like that.

You should post a picture. Knowing what bed bug eggs look like very could make you think that various "egg-like" things must be bed bug eggs.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,416 posts in 46,573 topics over 141 months by 20,539 of 21,402 members. Latest: Crazyscared1978, rk990, Paranoid01270