Bed Bug Egg? Please help!

(2 posts)
  1. inh2018

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 14:16:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been noticing throughout the day that I have small red bumps appear here and there, sometimes they itch and sometimes they don't. I have very sensitive skin but I'm not sure if I'm getting bit by something or it's just my skin being sensitive. A former employer I worked for a few years ago had a bed bug infestation, after finding out I quit my job because I didn't feel they were properly taking care of the situation and was afraid I'd bring them home. I've felt a little on edge about bugs ever since.

As I was vacuuming my couch today, I found this under one of the couch cushions, Is this a bed bug egg? It is hard and what looks like has texture to it. I also found something very similar on a glass cup that was in the cupboard the other day but it was sticky. It's smaller than a grain of rice but bigger than the "I" in liberty on a penny.

I have tore my house apart and have found nothing else, no bugs, fecal matter, cast skins, etc.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 16:54:08
    #

Login to Send PM

inh2018 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have been noticing throughout the day that I have small red bumps appear here and there, sometimes they itch and sometimes they don't. I have very sensitive skin but I'm not sure if I'm getting bit by something or it's just my skin being sensitive. A former employer I worked for a few years ago had a bed bug infestation, after finding out I quit my job because I didn't feel they were properly taking care of the situation and was afraid I'd bring them home. I've felt a little on edge about bugs ever since.
    As I was vacuuming my couch today, I found this under one of the couch cushions, Is this a bed bug egg? It is hard and what looks like has texture to it. I also found something very similar on a glass cup that was in the cupboard the other day but it was sticky. It's smaller than a grain of rice but bigger than the "I" in liberty on a penny.
    I have tore my house apart and have found nothing else, no bugs, fecal matter, cast skins, etc.

No bed bug egg.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,630 posts in 47,029 topics over 144 months by 20,758 of 21,033 members. Latest: tinfoilfronts, paranoidsouthernchick, HopeTheyAreNotBedBugs