Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Bed-bug curiosity and understanding questions ?

(27 posts)
  1. player

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 6:35:14
    #

Login to Send PM

1. Do bb's follow the same path/route to feed from host, then return to same hiding spot ?

2. Why do they hate daylight ?

3. Would it better to spread more PM around the bed rather then use just one ?

4. Are modern treatments more effective for long term eradication then DTT from the past ?

5. Are wooden houses more harder to deal with, with infestation ?

6. How can you tell an old fecal stain from a recent fecal stain as I understand old ones can still smudge ?

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 7:46:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Responses to your questions posted above:

1. Do bb's follow the same path/route to feed from host, then return to same hiding spot ?

Not necessarily. Recent published research where bed bugs are marked and recaptured indicates that some portion of the present bed bug population may move to different harborage locations.

2. Why do they hate daylight ?

Certain insects evolved as being "negative phototropic", i.e. adverse to daylight/light, for a variety of reasons. The trouble with insects is that they simply don't talk. As such, we cannot ask them why they do what they do. Despite that this may sound stupid to say, we must realize that behavioral type research and interpretation thereof may include certain assumptions that could be impossible to determine as correct or not. As humans, we can observe and interpret but this may not mean we know for sure 100%.

Even though this is may be seem a simple question, it would be incorrect to say that bed bugs "hate" anything. It would be incorrect to project human thought patterns, emotions and other factors to insects. Additionally, in certain infestations we see bed bugs out in the open during daylight hours and also when lights are on after dark.

Suffice it to note that the majority of bed bugs will be most active during the sleeping hours of their host. They may also adapt their "schedule" in order to feed on the hosts available.

3. Would it better to spread more PM around the bed rather then use just one ?

It depends upon what desired results you seek might be. And, there is much to consider.

The normal bed encountered here in the US already contains numerous suitable harborage areas that bed bugs will find and utilize. For any "artificial" type monitor device to work effectively requires that bed bugs would bypass all the already present and numerous harborage locations where we usually find them on beds, sofas, etc. Other considerations may include but not be limited to:

> At an established infestation location we would expect to find a number of bed bug harborages where aggregation pheromone depositions are already present. These pheromones attract bed bugs and let them know where such locations are.

> Placement of such devices on a bed is intended to intercept bed bugs as they travel between their harborage and the sleeping host. However, to successfully have a bed bug enter and utilize the artificial harborage is contingent upon numerous factors:
    * the bed bug must forsake the previous harborage.
    * the bed bug must be willing to enter the device.
    * the device must be placed in the correct position for the bed bug to encounter it when traveling.
    * the bed bug must be willing to remain in the device in order to be discovered upon inspection.
    * the bed bug must be willing to defecate on or in the device in order to reveal the presence of bed bug activity.

> Competent bed bug professionals, and even well trained non-professionals, who conduct inspections know where and how to look/inspect for bed bugs in infested locations. One danger in the use of such monitor devices is if doing so causes the inspector to become overly reliant upon these devices such that instead of conducting a thorough inspection, the inspecting person only checks the monitor device instead. If so, bed bugs could be present but undiscovered because they were harboring in other locations.

> If the use of such monitors affords you added peace of mind, then do so because there is no value which can be placed on a fully restful night's sleep. However, if you use them yet are still suffering bed bug bites then you are likely best served to escalate your bed bug control efforts as needed.

4. Are modern treatments more effective for long term eradication then DTT from the past ?

Assuming you mean DDT (not DTT), the answer is a firm: yes and no.

In the past the bed bug treatment work was relatively quick and easy here in the US for a number of reasons. Experienced pros of retirement age will tell you that bed bug jobs were usually completed successfully in just one visit. By the late 1960s such bed bug jobs virtually disappeared from the professional's work load. Back then the pros had numerous efficacious tools in their bed bug toolbox which included many chemistries and methodologies which have long since gone the way of the Dodo bird.

Note that extremely toxic pesticides including cyanide were used back then. Other persistent insecticides applied for bed bugs included organophosphates such as chlorpyrifos, diazinon and others. Some were even applied using total release aerosols.

Nowadays, we must play with the cards we are dealt. We effective products and methodologies to use but clearly the work is more difficult now than it was fifty years ago.

5. Are wooden houses more harder to deal with, with infestation ?

Most homes are frame type homes and commercial type buildings include more concrete and steel however, the work can be just as difficult in many infested locations irrespective of the construction within reason. It would seem that saying the work may be different would be more correct than saying it is harder.

6. How can you tell an old fecal stain from a recent fecal stain as I understand old ones can still smudge ?

In my view and what we see in the field, as time progresses the fecal deposit may loose moisture and become more dry with time. As this occurs, we'd expect that the deposit may become more "crunchy" or brittle on the surface. Of course, the appearance of a fecal stain is also affected by the surface upon which it was deposited as well.

Thanks for the questions ! pjb

3. player

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 11:11:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Are bed bugs in the UK similar to the ones in USA ? Or are there many different types of bed bugs due to them hitch hiking from different parts of the world then maybe cross mating forming newer breeds ? Does this effect treatment from different bugs from different countries now living in other parts of the world.

Thanks for the info..

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 13:12:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Player,

I am sorry if some of the information presented to you above has been stated as fact when it is in reality opinion.

Although Paul has stated that he cant see how it works I can happily provide proof that it does in fact work and that it has been working for a long time. In fact today I went to see a case where the use of Passive Monitors ensured that any bedbugs missed in the first visit had in fact relocated into one of the installed Passive Monitors and in the 27 days they were installed a significant number of cast skins had become associated with the harbourage.

Although I agree that studies show that bedbugs are not 100% harbourage faithful the most accurate and reliable of the academic data also illustrated a preference for a harbourage which was closest to the feeding source int he tank trial. As such placing an optimal artificial harbourage becomes a logical adjunct to treatment for anyone who is professional enough to want to quality assure and quality control their work.

I will post a link to the video of the work I did today in a few days when it has had the title and information added because it illustrates the point to perfection.

In subsequent inspection and treatment I found minimal further activity in the room and maybe as much as 75% of the activity was now associated with the bagged and removed Passive Monitors.

With regards your questions more specifically:

1: I am not sure anyone has does a release and track study in enough detail to ascertain with enough accuracy what the pattern is. Most of the refugia studies to date have been in artificial arenas.

2: I would not say that bedbugs are photo-phobic but they certainly prefer a hardbourage that is darker and more secluded than one that is bright and in the open. As such they are never "anywhere" int he room by virtue of the fact that some places are more optimal to them than others.

3: One will usually suffice because it is the optimal harbourage in the optimal location and you want to focus the issue rather than risk spreading things out.

4: That depends on what you consider modern? If you mean will modern chemicals work any better than DTT in that they too will eventually fail due to resistance? Well I think we are already starting to see the answer to that questions. However very modern approaches that are daring to break away from the chemical treadmill tend to focus on immediate eradication of bedbugs and therefore it is less of an issue of long term killing because what you want dead is in fact already dead. It kind of starts to take the guess work and hope out of treating.

5: In the initial phase wooden homes are no different to most modern finished (with the exception of modern log cabins and tongue and groove planking). However if an infestation becomes dispersed or diffused they can offer refugia that a brick or concrete building would not. The answer really is to now wait for things to get out of control through early and optimal detection which it appears you are already on the right path for.

6: At this stage there is no easy way to age a faecal trace. If you happen to have a high end DSLR and a 100mm Macro lens and a 480 speedlite I can tell you how to get me an image or set of images that will allow me to have a good guess but the differences in environments make it an almost impossible task. Its better to focus on cleaning them away and observing new signs.

With regards differences in species and strains, outside of the tropical versus native bedbug differences in some areas you need to factor in swallow and bat bugs which are different treatment strategies but there is not really a difference in treatment pattern for different strains. There are some regional characterized strains which have developed chemical tolerance due to mutations at a genetic level but we are not at the stage where we are worrying about "super bugs" in the same way that we seen in medicine although the parallels make for a scary crystal ball.

I have in fact treated bedbug cases in 8 countries and 4 continents an have not found any regional based differentiators in the way that they behave or the best way to eradicate them. Different countries have different tools available but I now have a universal voltage adapter so I can literally arrive and work anywhere with power.

Some people find that different chemicals seem to work better in certain regions which is likely to be an indication of localised population tolerance but that may also be because there tend to be regional product application patterns as well and what is used most is most likely to be the first thing to stop working.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 13:34:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Above is posted:

"I am sorry if some of the information presented to you above has been stated as fact when it is in reality opinion."

However, this same person then goes on to post his own opinions presented as facts.

Yikes !

We are dealing with biological entities and there is great variance by individual, by circumstance, by local conditions and others that must be considered.

Also posted above is: "Although Paul has stated that he cant see how it works . . ."

This is simply not true and a mischaracterization of my position.

I do know how these things are "supposed to work".

My problem is with the "supposed to" part.

pjb

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 13:55:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Paul,

I am prepared to back up what I have said with confirming images, testimonies and verifiable fact.

If you would care to wait for the video to be uploaded you will again see confirming proof of what I am saying.

However as you have not worked with the product in the field and neither have others who you would freely quote it will remain that you are only able to quote opinion. As such I believe my statement is in fact correct but if you feel that it needs looking at please ask a moderator to do so.

I have every confidence that they will see and agree with my point because by your own admission you have not used it.

David

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 14:45:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please forgive the raw nature of the video footage and lack of effects but I think this is a good example of where a picture is worth an awful lot of words.

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Video

It will at least confirm what I have said above.

David

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 14:52:55
    #

Login to Send PM

In my view and what we see in the field, as time progresses the fecal deposit may loose moisture and become more dry with time. As this occurs, we'd expect that the deposit may become more "crunchy" or brittle on the surface. Of course, the appearance of a fecal stain is also affected by the surface upon which it was deposited as well.

The fecal deposit varies according to the substrate upon which it was deposited, too. The shiny, plastic, certain fabrics, or other impervious surfaces don't allow the liquid feces, clear fluid, metabolic waste to be absorbed so these ball up on surfaces. Paper, cardboard, wood, certain fabrics absorb the liquid material so these look different. Partially dried depositions will smear, very dry will not.
    See some examples of glossy versus paper substrates - click on picture to go to the site. Also look through the site to see other examples:
    bed bug harborage site on plastic
    Image 3- 1st, 2nd, 3rd instar bed bug nymphs

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 22:43:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,
    The video is helpful.
    But this is the Passive Plus, yes? This isn't available to consumers as far as I know, is that correct?
    Can you do a similar video with the regular Passive?
    Thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  10. ITortureBugs4Revenge

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 1:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

It makes perfect sense that bedbugs would be more active after dark for the simple reason that they evolved to be mainly nocturnal in order for them to better attack their victims (Which are the mostly diurnal species known as homo sapiens) while they sleep and thus avoid detection and possible death as a result, but in my experiences bedbugs will venture forth and attempt to feed in broad daylight more often than most people realize.

.....I am NOT an expert.....

Any advice i give here is based solely on my own personal experiences in dealing with bedbugs & other household vermin.
  11. player

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 3:32:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Wish they would venture out in daylight more often, just makes life a lot easier detecting them before getting bitten. Though I hate these things, they are still interesting in strange ways!

All info/answers and your time much appreciated. Thanks..

12. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 10:21:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes the video is with the Passive+ because that is the version we are currently using in the field but I believe I have an old video somewhere that also shows the same effect with the "normal" version of the product. I might not be able to publish that video as it can confirm the location but I would be happy to try and arrange for you to watch it if you want to confirm the facts.

At the end of the day the Passive+ was a development program which sought to enhance what we were already seeing in the "normal" version. In some settings it is more effective but not by a level that I would call statistically different. For example int he detection and confirmation of infestation where the device is installed prior to the introduction of bedbugs it offers no benefit.

However it offers a great benefit when used in conjunction with treatment and in particular non chemical treatments which is why we use them as an adjunct to treatment.

Had we not noticed the effects we would not have sought to enhance the product further.

Interestingly I have had a significant level of feedback from other thought leaders in the field and 3 well respected individuals have indicated that they wish to use the footage in presentations on bedbugs.

I am just sorry that I have not put up more images int he past but I can assure you I will make sure that as much as possible is documented and shared in future.

There is also the image below which confirms that despite the fact that bedbugs could in fact defecate at many locations in the room and area they seem to defy that belief and are well behaved enough to defecate on the target indicator surface of the Passive Monitor as show in the image below.

Passive+ project slide1

I have two more examples collected from a hotel today which again illustrate the point and in this case the Passive+ Monitors had only been down for 9 days. The room had been previously treated with chemicals on 7 occasions and has recently been subjected to a complete and total refit including sealing all the cracks and crevices in the floorboards. In many respects this would be a difficult and complex job but to date we have spent less than 90 minutes working on the case and despite the fact that guest complaints triggered the previous 7 treatments since we started working on the problem they have not had a single one and the room is back in occupation.

I am again sorry that I have not shared more of the visual and video data sooner, having realised how much of an impact it has had on the world in a short space of time I would have done this a lot sooner. I have now set up a "set" on my FlickR profile and will be uploading more images as they are collected and as I have time to get through the 1,000+ example monitors I have that are decontaminated in the office.

I have also shared some of our letters of testimonial that confirm the claims I have made with regards Hotels and the results of our ProActive approach. I would welcome those who have these documents to contact the names and cross reference the information they have provided as I have every confidence that you will find them in order.

I appreciate that I might be something of an odd ball character but if you knew my up bringing and family background you would appreciate that even in his later years my father would take issue if it were ever possible to prove I had made a statement I knew to be false. As tolerant and opened minded that they are honor and honesty and foundation principle I thank my father for instilling in me. To that end I have on several occasions been requested to work with the top consumers affairs program in the UK and process that required me to be vetted heavily because if you are going to stand up and fight for the consumer you had better be worthy of that responsibility.

I take my role and position as the first dedicated exterminator of bedbugs extremely seriously and as such my work is akin to an obsession and as such I am driven each day to not only do what I can to stop the continued spread of bedbugs but also to make sure that we end each day having learned at least a little extra and in case you are wondering that's 3322 days and counting. I make my living by resolving bedbug infestations and that has been my full time job since 7th March 2005. I now manage team of people who also only work on bedbugs and support further teams so have bedbugs as part of their job but received training and supervision from me and my team.

Prior to that date I was a general pest controller who ended up doing an increasing workload of bedbug cases to the point where I was attempting to treat 8 cases a day in a small part of London. I left because I was constrained by my working pattern and felt that with time and better resources I could do a better job for about the same cost to clients.

Although I could claim as much as the next person that my knowledge is the greatest but I prefer to think in a slightly different way. I am certainly one of the most prolific writers on the subject and as well as my contributions here you will occasionally find references in many other forums, professional and consumer focused. I have also published the first consumers guide to bedbugs written in over 60 years, I also write two of the most comprehensive websites on the subject, one consumer focused in terms of the basic information and another which reflects the more detailed work. Still with all that information I am only just touching the tip of the iceberg because my personal work output in measured in the multiple terabytes of data and information collected over the last 8 years. There are over 9,000 images of bedbugs and bedbug infested locations, thousands of documents and samples and reports.

One project has almost 9,000 completed questionnaires and only when we get to 10,000 will be even start to analyze the data. We have mapped infestation dynamics by cities across multiple years and conducted projects which would frankly tax the resources of firms hundreds of times larger than us.

So please appreciate that when I state something, if its not clear or needs to be clarified let me know because the chances are I either have the data to support the claim or an image to confirm what I am saying. I realise that at times the advanced nature of my understanding of bedbugs may seem at odds with what is logical to you or to others but it will be for a good reason and because of something that I have already encountered whereby that helped provide the solution.

Sorry its a bit of a long post but as you can see I wanted to get a few things off my chest and this seemed to be a good thread to do so in.

David

13. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 10:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

David,

Thank you so much for all you've shared with us today. It's not always easy to open up and share certain things about yourself, but it does gives us a glimpse into you as a "person" and not just another pro/individual on this site.

When we meet or know people in our "real" lives, it is much easier to get a feel for them and who they are as a person. It's not as easy when we are trying to get that same "feel" by reading comments on a computer. You sharing what you shared today helps to give us more of that "feel"......or, at least it did for me.

Again, thank you so much!!

Butterfly

14. Daylight

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 11:46:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, David, that was very generous of you to share with us your self reflection and what makes you tick. I'd already thought of you as a straight arrow with the best of intentions for your fellow human beings. I am grateful for your integrity and dedication to this site, along with the overall effort you are making on the bed bug front.

You are not just a spokesperson for the trade; you are in the trenches and also in the lab, using what you learn to develop and utilize better methods and tools to control and eliminate this elusive insect, bed bug.

You said that if we don't have the experience to deal with bed bugs, then the next best thing is knowledge. You share that knowledge with us on a regular basis. When we have questions, you don't make us feel simple minded or silly. You are very patient with us.

Kudos to you for your honesty, hard work, and thoughtfulness!

15. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 13:03:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

As promised, this is today's video.

In this case the Passive+ Monitors had been in place for 9 days following a treatment and inspection visit.

Prior to our engagement the room had been treated 7 times with a chemical based approach. Had been subjected to a back to floorboards refit including sealing of all cracks and crevices and yet still had bedbugs.

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Video

http://youtu.be/mwh2cHL7kwY

During the inspection visit today I found 1 bedbugs that was not located inside the monitor but that may have been due to partial occupation as the room was a separated twin. They will return the next set of monitors after 7 days but it is not anticipated that I will need to visit again after today.

David

16. player

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 15:00:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow - its simplicity at its best. What is the difference between old and new PM if don't mind me asking.

17. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 15:13:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I learned something new today from the video..... I didn't know that bed bugs urinate (or at least I don't remember having heard that before).

I always see fecal matter being mentioned, but not urination. Interesting....

18. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 16:02:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Player,

Yes it is simplicity.

The "+" in Passive+ is to donate an additional ingredient that is added and makes the unit even more appealing to bedbugs when they are present. Tests have shown it has no advantage when the bedbugs are introduced after installation but in this niche "adjunct" application the results do as you say speak for themselves.

Now the shocking reality is that if more people were encouraged to install in advance it would dramatically reduce the spreading and public save deposited cases.

The actual nature of the "+" is a trade secret but it is an extract which I collect and process myself in the lab as it were. Nothing toxic, nothing dangerous but also something that is not that common or abundant either.

We have not decided how we are going to commercialise them yet as effectively the greatest benefit comes from professional users but they can at times be slow to uptake. We would also struggle to supply 1,000 of them at once without taking on more staff. I may put a box of 10 on eBay next week to see what the market thinks of them.

In short if you have not got bedbugs and want to detect introduction the current version is all you need. If you have bedbugs and want to accelerate the eradication well it would be worth a try.

David

19. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 16:04:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

We tend not to talk about bedbug urine because it's harder to spot and more complex to describe and also does not always appear.

As such it does not make our list of critical confirming signs.

David

20. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 21:56:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I learned something new today from the video..... I didn't know that bed bugs urinate (or at least I don't remember having heard that before).

yeah for me too that was news, I thought the buggers were gross already without them peeing.....

The part where you knock the Passive Monitor to shake out the bugs in the first video is very impressive, I was watching with my old crappy monitor with no sound and I thought the Passive was being pulled out for a new use, them wham! buggers come out

I always inspect the skirt of the monitor very closely and if it's clean (no fecal, no cast skins) I move on, I'm sometimes at an angle where I can see inside it and will flash a light in there for a look

The one on my couch however is stuck using the peel off backing, I guess if I tap a pen very hard on the edge, it would produce the same effect?

Imagine the horror if I thought the monitor was clean because of the skirt examination and it was full of buggers inside, peeing in there on top of it, good lord

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer
  21. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Apr 12 2014 0:28:00
    #

Login to Send PM

David, thanks for letting us learn more about you and your contribution to the bed bug world! I knew all the pros here have their unique knowledge, experience and reasons for doing things. Based on reading posts on the Bedbugger.com website, it is my impression that David is competitive, studies hard and takes bed bugs seriously. I think he’s too proud to create something such as the Passive Monitor if it’s not going to be useful. Also, the process for getting a product patented is rigorous.

JustChecking, not a therapist / bug pro
    Please click my user name on the left for these threads:
    (OR go through my thread starter list OR use the search engine)
    --->stress busters --->energy boosters
    --->songs of hope and faith --->help U sleep tonight
  22. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Apr 13 2014 23:38:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the above video footage, David!

I think he’s too proud to create something such as the Passive Monitor if it’s not going to be useful.

Just want to clarify. I apologize, David, if it doesn't come out right. Since David takes his bed bug control profession seriously, values education for the public and has a passion to save people from bed bugs, he wouldn't create something such as the Passive Monitor if it's not going to work.

As we are on a forum and I have never met and gotten to know David in person, I have to base my observations via posts that I have read since Sept 2013. I didn't start posting until Nov 2013. If I have said anything inappropriate, I thought other forum users would speak up.

I am trying to digest the questions and answers between the pros; e.g. are the questions being answered? I think each one of us has our system of analyzing the situation.

23. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Apr 14 2014 0:05:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the additional video, David.

I would encourage users of the forum who find bed bugs in any sort of monitor (Passives, ClimbUps, Blackout, even glue boards or homemade getups) to post videos showing this here. (You can film them with many camera phones, and you can upload to YouTube to an anonymous account; you don't even need to talk if you don't want to.)

Photos are good too.

24. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Apr 14 2014 7:32:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi JC,

Yes at times I forget that not everyone has a near eidetic memory on the subject and the advantage of enough time to read all 9,800+ posts I have made.

I may code a non-linked section on my site with a core of the documents and information that I tend to refer back to so that people can have a crib sheet to get up to speed quickly.

Don't worry I have no fears that people cant see the logic and honesty in what I write but I will certainly do my best to ensure I continue to illustrate my points better with video and images. I don't have the a huge team here and most of what you see I do myself in the evenings and occasionally weekends. This often means learning new skills and software and when you start getting to the stage of multi-user accessible cloud databases I am long part wishing for the IT teams I used to work with and am onto finding a way of successfully removing my head and placing it in the cryofreezer for a cool down.

David

25. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Apr 15 2014 17:53:23
    #

Login to Send PM

David, I know the total posting number means a lot to you. Ever since I first read about your posting frequency reminder, I can't help to check almost all posters' total posting times. Kudos to your long hours of voluntary service. Your knowledge and expertise would not be overlooked.

At the same time, I would like to thank other pros such as Paul and John. Although your total posting numbers are not as high, I still appreciate your helpful posts. I enjoy reading them, too.

NoBugs, what a wonderful idea to try to gather different monitors videos in one thread!

26. player

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 9 2014 15:33:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Considering a female bb needs to be pierced through its abdomen by the male(I think!) to get pregnant - which itself sounds rather painful and unpleasant!!! Do females bb's actually search for males to breed?

27. ITortureBugs4Revenge

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat May 10 2014 1:47:45
    #

Login to Send PM

The above question is a good one. I have a hard time believing that the bizarre way bedbugs have sexual relations would be painful to the females, as female bedbugs have obviously evolved to cope with that method of insemination over thousands of years and would have developed enough resistance to pain to continue being functional for the rest of their lives after being stabbed by the males, otherwise natural selection would not be able to favor it like it has. I am not sure if females actually search for males though, a good question for the pros.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie