(3 posts)
  1. elaborate99

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 25 2017 3:26:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,
    It's the first time I am posting here so I apologise if I am breaking any of the rules. I tried to do my research on them but I got a bit confused. Also, my BB-brain is starting to fail me...
    Anyway, here's the situation. I was three weeks away from moving out of my shared flat in London when I found a bed bug infestation. In the ensuing nightmare, we had our flat sprayed, I threw away lots of stuff, laundered EVERYTHING on 95 degrees C and tumble dried it, put it in sealed plastic bags, plastic suitcases (no zips) or clear plastic boxes and in my BF's house for storage.
    I'm spending the summer with my parents in Bulgaria and I was very careful not to bring any bugs with me. I took only hand luggage, no clothes, kept all electronics sealed and took them to get opened and cleaned by technicians here. I even showered and washed my hair with head lice shampoo before leaving my infested flat in London. I changed clothes at the airport, put them in plastic bags, laundered everything I was wearing once again on 90 degrees C once I got home, put my documents in the freezer for a week, left my suitcase in the sun (it's really hot here), etc, etc. I've done every single thing that I could think of!
    Now, two weeks later, I've had a few new bites appear but I am aware that sometimes they can take days, weeks or months to show up, so, whilst I am freaking out, I have tried to tell myself that they might have occurred at my old flat in London. However, yesterday, I found something that looked like a bed bug casting on the living room tablecloth. Now I'm getting really paranoid and I was hoping you could help me ID it. The pictures aren't great, but it was the best I could do.
    Thanks in advance.

2. elaborate99

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 25 2017 3:29:41
    #

Login to Send PM

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 25 2017 5:32:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It does not appear to be a bed bug but its not the best image. I have embedded an example image to compare with below:

castskinstacker2 by David Cain, on Flickr

Cast skins are actually more robust than you might think and it takes a lot of physical pressure to damage them which is hard to do as they easily blow away with small air currents.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula