Bed Bug Boys 2013 Calender

(242 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Oct 31 2012 16:50:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Admin note 3/3/2013: if you do not want to weed through the entire thread, you can see and download PDFs for the completed calendar months here.

Inspired by this thread:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/sex-yeahright

To keep things on topic and in the hope of a green sticky we can embed images to I offer this thread for adding comments. Contributions should include:

• Suitable poses and models
    • Who gets what month
    • What cause does this go in support of

Be warned I have a remote on the camera so I don't need to worry about traumatizing my staff (and Mr James has been very quiet on this one so far - he is a shoeing for the hotter months).

I may even get a short run made as prizes for contributions.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Oct 31 2012 17:36:31
    #

Login to Send PM

My vote is for it to be silly but a little educational, too. So, i.e. a picture of you (Mr. Cain) but also a few links on how to place passive monitors on different pieces of furniture or optomize a bed.

I don't know if civilians get to vote on the cause, but I would vote for products to be given to first responders in New York (if this is needed). Things like passives for fire houses, maybe even BB blue kits for firehouses, police stations, libraries, etc. if enough is raised. I don't know if there are programs already (I think some libraries near me have contracts with K9 detection services), but it might be easy to administer for Nobugs..in terms of ordering from one of the sponsors so the website gets a little support (very little probably) for the extra time. If nobugs wants to remain anonymous, one can buy prepaid visas to buy things with.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Oct 31 2012 21:13:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed Bug Boys 2013

A worthy project no doubt !

pb

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 3:41:10
    #

Login to Send PM

And a reminder: no actual full-on nudity please. (Again, you'd be surprised.)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 3:41:53
    #

Login to Send PM

This is now a green sticky.

Final results will be placed on the Main page of Bedbugger.com, so everyone will see you in all your glory.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 3:44:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not 100% sure on what's happening.

Is this actually going to be published on paper and sold?

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 4:49:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I will certainly pay for 20 to be made for the participants and a few as prizes.

It may be most feasible to look at one of the print on demand merchandising sites if it is to be sold more widely and most of them have options for supporting various good causes. Otherwise you get into the whole issue of minimum print runs and storage as well as postage and it quickly looses the fun.

David

8. Koebner

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 6:55:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Yikes!

We're talking good, clean Women's Institute nudity, yes? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_Girls

Would rather see any money from this go to running Bedbugger than donating kit to organisations that are able to buy their own, but I'd love to see some calendars go to carefully-targeted media & politicians. A nice striking stat on each page wouldn't do any harm; "Reported cases of bed bugs in (x) state/ city/ country increased by (Y)% over (Z) period" sort of thing.

I'd equally love to see a canard nailed on each page; "Bed bugs don't bite in rows."/ "Bed bugs are a sign of bad luck, not bad housekeeping." etc.

Some location shots might be nice too - if there are some recognisable & widely-spaced landmarks, it could help enforce the point that this is a widespread problem.

Also, all boys? What about BedBugUndertaker?

9. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 10:29:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi! I am new to this site/forum and, therefore, don't have much experience or knowledge (but neverless always seem to have an opinion). I will absolutely either donate to the cause or buy said calendar. My vote would be to support bedbugger.com. (Actually my first vote would be to set up some sort of fund to help people who can't afford treatment/PackTites and other items necessary to fight these monsters, but I know that is way too complicated at this point and the calendar might not generate the sort of funds we would need for that. However, if anyone ever does do something like that let me know so I can contribute. It breaks my heart to read some of the stories posted here!!!!)

Back on subject: As I said, I am new but I did come up with a short list of experts that I see over and over helping everyone on bedbuggers. In no particular order:

David Cain
    Paul Bello
    Killer Queen
    Lou Sorkin
    David James
    Spideyjg
    Effeci
    Doug Summers
    Sean Rollo
    Jeff White

If I left anyone out, it was entirely inadvertant! How cool would it be to, in addition to having "individual" months, to have a big group photo at the end (photoshop probably)? And it would also be cool to have a "picture" of NoBugs (maybe in disguise or in silhouette form - ha).

Also, I was wondering if NoBugs posts the calendar on the site if there could be a "link" that you could click on to donate to the cause? Just think, if most of the people that viewed the calendar and read this site donated just $1.00? . . .

I guess maybe the first decision needs to be partial nudity or fully clothed or both!

10. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 14:29:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, my birthday is in January so . . .

11. djames1921

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 16:50:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm in. Luckily my product is large enough to cover most of my body :). I vote for kq's picture to be just him and a milano.

12. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 20:36:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I like Koebner's ideas and Absolutely has good choices. I do vote for at least one woman, maybe BB undertaker, her job is so interesting. Or if Nobugs wants to dress up in a BB costume...

I agree with the print on demand. It's more expensive but takes care of some of the issues of production. Maybe you can ask to have it packtited before sending?

Paul Newman used to joke that he would never have donated ALL proceeds to charity if he'd known what a big hit it was. I do think having it support the site and educational goals is a great idea. I would be all for a link if you want it to support educational vs. the site. I think a lot of bedbuggers would choose the site and assume it will go to a good cause (or in some way repay Nobugs for her effort). For the folks who don't want to do it, those funds could be used to print educational calendars or any other educational program.

13. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Nov 1 2012 20:38:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I wish I were a techie. I know a lot of people who don't like paper but might get a screensaver or an app with the calendar.

14. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2012 8:54:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Possible addition left out of the list above: Winston O. Buggy?

15. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2012 8:58:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I mentioned this to one of my main clients today and they thought it was a great idea and want a few for their office.

David

16. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2012 17:56:36
    #

Login to Send PM

My thoughts as a lay person is that if it's a mix of humor and education, it will do well with non-BB people. I'm all for getting it out to the media in a fun way, if the PCO's like KQ and experts like Lou can garner some interest. Partial nudity is not enough these days, gentlemen (and women?)..you need to show your....stuff...I mean, knowledge.

I just see it being like Calendar Girls, or making fun out of those old Don't do drugs or STD ads. I mean, if we can show an overdusting of DE vs. the correct technique..that would be great...but, it somehow has to be funny...that ain't my strong point.

Hey, the Grimm tv show is very popular with the younger folks in my office (cross between a fairy tale and police procedural)..if we need to get more PCOs in (or their staff) maybe it could be a fairytale about BBs. Foggers would be the wicked, evil witch...or whatever. Goldilocks and the three Bears, etc. The story with the 3 little pigs (showing a fire started from spraying alcohol or not utilizing heat technology correctly, etc). But, with strategically placed PCOs as part of the tale and the educational message below. I always have weird ideas so feel free to shoot it down.

OT: I was surprised that someone who has been on the Board for a bit didn't know that food grade DE could hurt you lungs...we just somehow need to get the word out to not panic.

17. Bughatin

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 2 2012 21:44:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Haha! Just wow!

18. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2012 9:12:44
    #

Login to Send PM

What about funny educational nursery rhymes or fairy tales accompanying the picture? Again, feel free to shoot it down:

David James with a packite:

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Packtite kills bugs dead
    After confirming fecal with Bed Bug Blue

One of the dog handlers with a dog:

There once was a canine named Buster
    He jumped and alerted to bugs in my bed!
    His handler found the bed bug cluster
    Which is a must or it's just a waste of bread ($$$)

I'm sure you can do better...yeah, the cadence isn't right....you don't tap your foot..hmmmm...I'll work offline for a while...

Maybe show the dog handler with a fan of dollar bills strategically placed? That would take the attention off the bad rhyme. I actually am fine if it's less Calendar Girls and more funny...I know these guys are professionals with reputations to uphold (some are in academia right?)..we could do a mix with the braver ones.

19. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 6 2012 6:37:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I am tempted to do a more raunchy version of this:

DSC05360

It was taken at the NPMA Boston 2012 event where I was proclaimed as the ring master of the bedbug circus.

David

20. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 6 2012 7:55:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Love the pic! Could we see one with, say, maybe, a black leather motorcycle jacket and some black leather "chaps" or maybe one with just the red coat? Just for comparison purpose of course. That way we could vote on which one goes in the calendar.

21. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 6 2012 11:12:01
    #

Login to Send PM

LOL sorry no chaps in my house.

I almost ordered an inflatable latex bedbug costume once but they wanted £6000.

David

22. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 6 2012 12:36:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, way to disappoint a potential calendar customer on the no chaps issue, Mr. Cain! I do shudder to think what one might do with an inflatable bedbug costume though. Perhaps it has something to do with the expedition you were thinking of mounting that you referred to on the "sex" thread recently?! Well, if no chaps . . . then surely there is a whip to go with the Ring Master outfit?

23. JWhiteBBCTV

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Nov 7 2012 11:46:54
    #

Login to Send PM

There have been very few times in my life that I'm speechless but you can add this one to the list. The money raised should go to support those traumatized by the calendar.

I'm not sure who will want to hang something in their office with a big picture of Lou Sorkin, DC, David James or myself staring at them but I guess to each their own. I'm disturbed by the image in my head, forget an actual calendar...

24. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Nov 7 2012 13:49:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Probably NOT what you had in mind:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89788529@N07/

pb

25. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Nov 7 2012 14:55:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Excuse me sir, is that a really large tool you have in your hand . . . or are you just happy to see me?! (I'm so SORRY everyone, I just couldn't resist. I tried, really!!)

26. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Nov 7 2012 16:23:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Jeff,

This is just another time I wish you were speechless.

David

27. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 9 2012 9:29:03
    #

Login to Send PM

No comment

28. djames1921

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 9 2012 9:33:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Love the Packtite/bbblue poem.

Mr. Cain, you truly are a unique individual.

29. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 9 2012 10:56:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Mr James, if there were more of me I would have trained an army and taken over the world a long time ago.

I always recall a comment in my equivalent of a year book, it read "Person most likely to run a cult". Clearly they saw my leadership potential even back then.

David

30. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 9 2012 10:57:50
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello - 1 hour ago  » 
    No comment

It's OK Paul you are in the clear so long as you don't start recommending cinema seat covers.

David

31. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 9 2012 23:09:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey DC,

Just to be clear, my "no comment" was in response to the tool post above.

BTW, my dad has taken a turn for the worse and I'm headed to FL tomorrow to visit him. It's a tuff time right now and I may be out of touch for a while accordingly.

pb

32. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 9 2012 23:27:07
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello - 16 minutes ago  » 
    BTW, my dad has taken a turn for the worse and I'm headed to FL tomorrow to visit him. It's a tuff time right now and I may be out of touch for a while accordingly.
    pb

Paul,
    Sorry to hear that.
    I hope your dad is okay.

33. djames1921

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 13 2012 15:40:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Paul,

Sorry to hear that as well, hang in there.

34. thebadger7

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 7:24:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Look ... I am not sure what I have is bed bugs but maybe y'all can help. I itch at hairy spots and there is no sign of anything. Mind you, I don't have much body hair at all from being Native American 1/4 but in the corner of my eyes is what is really freaking me out ... and in my nose, under my arms, seldome but sometimes on my open skin, in my privates both front and back and my eyebrows and head hair. I saw pictures of Bed Bugs adn I can't see nothing like that on my bed / covers. I can feel whatever this is OR ISN'T crawling on me but I am extremely sensitive.

What might this be and how to solve it PLEASE!

Terry

35. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 8:23:38
    #

Login to Send PM

thebadger7 - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Look ... I am not sure what I have is bed bugs but maybe y'all can help. I itch at hairy spots and there is no sign of anything. Mind you, I don't have much body hair at all from being Native American 1/4 but in the corner of my eyes is what is really freaking me out ... and in my nose, under my arms, seldome but sometimes on my open skin, in my privates both front and back and my eyebrows and head hair. I saw pictures of Bed Bugs adn I can't see nothing like that on my bed / covers. I can feel whatever this is OR ISN'T crawling on me but I am extremely sensitive.
    What might this be and how to solve it PLEASE!
    Terry

Hi Terry,
    Please copy your post and paste it in a new thread. You can start one by clicking here.
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/?new=1

Also, the information here may help you and should be read by all newcomers.

Everyone else,
    Please wait for this to happen rather than responding here. Thanks!

36. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 16 2012 15:59:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Why only men?

CoughDini Millercough

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  37. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 16 2012 17:03:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Cilecto, I hope Mrs. Cilecto will lend you to the Calendar. We should have a few non-pros.

Maybe Spidey Jim can pose with some spiders too.

38. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Nov 16 2012 21:19:16
    #

Login to Send PM

How many months are going to be in this calendar ?

39. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Nov 17 2012 19:08:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 1 day ago  » 
    Cilecto, I hope Mrs. Cilecto will lend you to the Calendar. We should have a few non-pros.
    Maybe Spidey Jim can pose with some spiders too.

After you

Mr. Lecto's part will be filled by a tray of rugalach.

40. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Nov 18 2012 7:25:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Cough I think the hallowed calendar needs to be kept to those who can at least be technically accurate in public cough.

David

41. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Nov 18 2012 13:05:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear Potential BBB 2013 Calendar Models: It is now the middle of November 2013, where is our calendar?! We are running out of time! Ok, since no one else has done it, just for FUN I made a very quick and amarteurish January and February 2013. However, I had to do it as a Word document as I am not as work today and my stupid laptop has no bells and whistles. As I said, I did it very quickly and just for fun. I was going to say feel free to edit the information accordingly, but since it's a Word document I couldn't get it to post. Since I couldn't get it to post I had to take a picture of it. (Can't get a picture of the whole document either.) Does anyone know how to get a Word document to post or link? Or, if I emailed it to someone (NoBugs, DC, Cilecto) is there anyway to get it to post? I also did it with the thought that it would only be a sticky on the forum and a way of letting new people know who the pros (and potential others - Cilecto) were giving us advice. [I gave Paul Bello January since he said his birthday is in January.]

Untitled by picture account2012, on Flickr

Untitled by picture account2012, on Flickr

Here is what is on the bottom of DC's page since I couldn't get a picture of the whole doc:
    "David Cain - The proclaimed Ring Master of Bed Bugs at the NPMA Boston 2012 event. Mr. Cain is co-author of Bed Bug Beware and inventor of the passive and active BB Alert monitors. Mr. Cain has been giving advice and helping people on the forum for at least five years. Mr. Cain has over 5,000 posts on the forum and compiled/authored the “New Bite Primer” (green sticky) as his 5,000th post. Mr. Cain established Bed Bugs Limited in 2005 and deals soley with bed bugs and their eradication. Mr. Cain is one of UK’s leading authorities on bed bugs and has appeared on numerous national and local television and radio programs.
    http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk"

Again, just a very quick - just for fun - amateurish example/template.

42. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Nov 18 2012 15:33:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi AF,

It's not possible for users to add attachments but I can add one if you like. PDF is probably best.

I am not sure a calendar is going to be possible for 2013 since we have about three interested models (David, Paul and maybe KillerQueen), if I am not mistaken?

43. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Nov 18 2012 15:38:55
    #

Login to Send PM

AbsolutelyFreaking - 2 hours ago  » 
    I also did it with the thought that it would only be a sticky on the forum and a way of letting new people know who the pros (and potential others - Cilecto) were giving us advice.

Just in reference to this part-- I've been meaning to put up an official "who's who" page but I think that would work better as part of the site rather than an attachment-- also it should include a lot of people not wanting to put their photos up. Will get on that.

44. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Nov 18 2012 16:18:18
    #

Login to Send PM

@NoBugs, love the idea of a who's who page! Also, I think David James said he was game for the calendar, but still way short of all the models we need!

45. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2012 8:52:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, here's a better view of January and February . . .please feel free to edit. Now all I have to do is find a picture of David James . . . all I can find is what I'm assuming are his hands/arms in utube Packtite videos.

JANUARY 2013 by picture account2012, on Flickr

Download the January PDF

FEBRUARY 2013 by picture account2012, on Flickr

February PDF for downloading (with working links):
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/126927085/February-2013

[links updated by admin 3/3/2013]

46. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2012 9:14:59
    #

Login to Send PM

The gauntlet is thrown down for Lou, Mr James, EffeCi etc to get with the program.

I hear KQ has stocked up on Milano's for the occasion.

David

47. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2012 12:06:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Let me think what to do. Just received a PM.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  48. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2012 12:59:30
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 38 minutes ago  » 
    Let me think what to do. Just received a PM.

Can I suggest either modesty covered with feeding jars or print outs of some of your amazingly inspirational images.

Now you have given me a whole Warhol inspired idea I am going to have to go and work on.

David

49. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 27 2012 14:28:39
    #

Login to Send PM

David James - Mr. March!!!

MARCH 2013 by picture account2012, on Flickr

(Do you think Mrs. James minds when he wears his bedbug tie out in public?! - Just kidding, love it!!!)

Download a PDF

50. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 27 2012 14:39:19
    #

Login to Send PM

LOL, the bedbug tie club is a small and very select crowd.

David

51. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 27 2012 14:46:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh No! There is a Bedbug Tie Club?! Wait, way cool, it can be the group photo at the end - everyone in the club wearing their Bedbug Tie!

52. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 27 2012 15:10:56
    #

Login to Send PM

We don't get together that often, last time was Chicago 2011.

David

53. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Nov 27 2012 16:58:22
    #

Login to Send PM

If it doesn't work out as a calendar, it is a great way to introduce a different regular once a month.

54. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2012 11:04:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey! I just realized that my idea got a sticky! Yeay! When will these be up for sale?

55. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Dec 1 2012 11:22:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Not many participating! I think we might have to print them out page by page ourselves! Can't wait for January 2013 so I can post them at my desk at work! LOL!

56. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2012 15:52:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I've heard plenty of ladies on here saying that their PCOs were good looking. Maybe we can get them to join in.

57. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jan 11 2013 16:13:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello Mr. April – Lou Sorkin!!

APRIL 2013 by picture account2012, on Flickr

There is so much information on Mr. Sorkin, there was hardly any room for the actual "calendar." However, from what I have gathered regarding Mr. Sorkin, not only can he ID your bugs with his mind-boggling vast and technical knowledge and expertise, he also enjoys eating them! Well, some of them anyway! Mr. Sorkin has consumed beetle larva, waxworms, butterworms (both are caterpillars), crickets, cicadas, giant water bugs (the thoracic muscles only; and, BTW, it's a belostomatid bug, not the American cockroach), roasted hissing cockroach (the thoracic muscles only), and giant tarantula from Venezuela (cephalothoracic and leg muscles only) - with perhaps his favorite being cicadas as apparent by his statements: "I like my cicadas sautéed in a little butter and garlic." And, "Cicadas are quite tasty and recently emerged adult from last nymph stage is best – soft."

My personal view on this information is . . . as much as I respect and am in awe of Mr. Sorkin, if he ever invites you over for dinner, you might just want to "think twice"!

Admin: added 3/3/2013:

APRIL PDF LINK:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/126927631/April-2013

58. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 20 2013 23:25:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey, that's a great job on the Lou calendar page !

pjb

59. Bedbug_Undertaker

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 29 2013 11:41:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't mind doing a nice romantic February one as it's valentines month and I do sleep with them out of choice regularly
    Or is this calendar limited to the men only?

60. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 29 2013 14:28:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi BB_U:

Calendar is absolutely not limited to men only! And you were specifically requested in a previous post!

DC already has February - all decked out appropriately in his red. But if its ok with him, we can make him another month and you "Ms. February." The only problem that I see with this (besides getting Master Cain to agree to it since, you know, he's Mr. Heartthrob and it being February and all) is getting a calendar page done in three days. I started doing the pages just out of fun because no one else did. I don't think I can do one in three days. Would love to make you another month on the calendar if February doesn't work out!!

61. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 30 2013 13:09:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi A_F

I am happy for BB_U to take Feb if you can pull it off.

I will be in NY for 14th Feb this year so watch out int he city, my hotel and room details are still a closely guarded secret.

David

62. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 9:35:42
    #

Login to Send PM

DC and BB_U:

Sorry guys I was out of town all day yesterday attending a bed bug seminar. (Great job Paul Bello! Very informative! Thank you for the copy of the Bed Bug Combat Manual and super nice/clever inscription!)

However, with the loss of time yesterday and now being backed up at work, I don't think there is any way I can make a new February in time. I'm also working on "Mr. May" right now for EffeCi.

Bedbug_Undertaker - 1 day ago  » 
    I don't mind doing a nice romantic February one as it's valentines month and I do sleep with them out of choice regularly

June is also a nice romantic month with all the weddings that are usually scheduled. Would love to make you "Ms. June" BB_U?! How about a picture of you in a wedding dress with all the regulars you sleep with by choice?! (Just kidding on the picture, I'll put in whatever you want.)

bed-bugscouk - 20 hours ago  » 
    I will be in NY for 14th Feb this year so watch out int he city, my hotel and room details are still a closely guarded secret.
    David

Now you're just playing hard to get. But however will BBUT (not to be confused with BB_U)know where to deliver your Pecan Pie?!

63. Bedbug_Undertaker

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 10:52:39
    #

Login to Send PM

OK wedding dress it is then along with a few of my favourite sleeping partners. When do you need it by?

64. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 10:54:42
    #

Login to Send PM

BB_U and wedding in the same post, if that one happens even I would wear a hat.

David

PS I need pics of you tomorrow for that magazine interview

65. Bedbug_Undertaker

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 11:05:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Would they be minus the wedding dress and sleeping partners David ?

66. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 11:09:08
    #

Login to Send PM

LOL, if you got married I would see if the church would let me give you away naked apart from a hat, the fall back being hat and wedding dress, heck I would even spring for the Elvis drive through chapel in Vegas.

David

67. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 18:14:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for attending Abs, hope you found the information presented worthwhile.

Memphis went well today and we were sold out at all three locations.

Great job on the calendar, hope all enjoy your efforts there !

Thanks again ! ! ! paul b.

68. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2013 8:33:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbug_Undertaker - 21 hours ago  » 
    OK wedding dress it is then along with a few of my favourite sleeping partners. When do you need it by?

Fantastic!!! I look forward to you being "Ms. June" BB_U!! No hurry on the photo. I will PM you. Thanks!

69. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2013 8:59:45
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello - 14 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for attending Abs, hope you found the information presented worthwhile.
    paul b.

Seminar was great Paul! Everything I ever wanted to know about bedbugs and more! Great presentation.

70. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 7 2013 13:05:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Please note: the January-April calendars have been edited by the user I'm now calling AbFab to include birthdays. Thanks, AbFab!

You can view and download them all here.

71. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 11 2013 19:05:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks NB and, of course, Abs for all the calendar work !

pjb

72. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 10:59:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Mr. May – Franco Casini a/k/a EffeCi – all the way from Milano, Italy

MAY 2013 by picture account2012, on Flickr

[Admin note: please go to this page to download a clickable PDF of the calendar]

73. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 11:51:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Mr Casini feels honourated to be part of this community...

74. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 14 2013 13:30:21
    #

Login to Send PM

And are you coming to the U.S. anytime soon, Mr. EffeCi?

Seriously, I haven't been through the posts Absolutely did above, but your wisdom and diplomacy (i.e. as seen on Bb fungus or whatever that is) threads is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Abs, I give you a hard time but what a nice V-day treat!

75. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 19 2013 10:50:01
    #

Login to Send PM

AbFab,

added this above:

[Admin note: please go to this page to download a clickable PDF of the calendar]

It's on the main site which allows embedding a PDF.

Let me know what you think!

76. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 19 2013 15:13:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Love it NoBugs! Thank you so much!!!!

77. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 3 2013 23:58:25
    #

Login to Send PM

January and February above were changed.

Downloadable PDF links for all months were also added above and here.

My thought is that the blog end link, though hidden, will work well as an archive when the year is through, or for people who don't want to leaf through every post above. So I will keep adding PDFs there.

Let me know if I've got it all, thanks AbFab!

78. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 4 2013 0:13:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Added to TOP of initial post above:

Admin note 3/3/2013: if you do not want to weed through the entire thread, you can see and download PDFs for the completed calendar months here.

79. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 4 2013 9:45:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Darn I want to be a page but don't want to give up the alias identity.

80. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 4 2013 11:52:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Winston, there are options for those of us wishing to preserve anonymity. Contact AbFab directly or email me!

81. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 4 2013 22:37:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Since, Abs can't use real information on the secretative Mr. O'Buggy, would she just have Winston's best quotes?

P.S. Abs, get his cell phone number or IP and we can triangulate...worked well for Mr. Cain until you ran home to do your taxes.

82. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Mar 7 2013 15:02:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Ms. June – Bedbug_Undertaker

JUNE by picture account2012, on Flickr

Pdf download:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/129157031/June

83. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Mar 8 2013 19:33:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Nice work, Abs, but I don't see the tats that BBUndertaker says the BBs like to nibble on....

84. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 10 2013 0:07:43
    #

Login to Send PM

LOL amazing what you can do with a little photoshop.

I think this is close to my most favourite thread EVER (although there have been some great ones).

David

85. Bedbug_Undertaker

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 10 2013 13:42:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Theyareoutthere, most of my tats are under the dress or under my hair which as you can see covers my arms and is quite long.

This was fun but odd, first and only time I've worn a white dress. I think I may have PTSD!!!

86. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 11 2013 7:00:10
    #

Login to Send PM

theyareoutthere - 2 days ago  » 
    . . . but I don't see the tats that BBUndertaker says the BBs like to nibble on....

. . .

Bedbug_Undertaker - 17 hours ago  » 
    Theyareoutthere, most of my tats are under the dress or under my hair which as you can see covers my arms and is quite long.

@TAOT and BB_U: Actually, if you click on the calendar page it will take you to flicker, you can then view the picture in a larger size and catch a glimpse of several of them under the veil.

Bedbug_Undertaker - 17 hours ago  » 
    This was fun but odd, first and only time I've worn a white dress. I think I may have PTSD!!!

LOL! The next time will be a little easier BB_U . . . every time you wear one it gets a little easier!

87. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 11 2013 11:46:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks BB Undertaker for your time. We BADLY needed some estrogen in that calendar.

Abs, my ma said that she had PSTD from her first 7 husbands, but she was pretty happy with the 8th. She did wear purple to at least one wedding I can remember. Light pink to the first. She said there was no point in wearing white...not even to the first.

88. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Mar 14 2013 19:36:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmmmm . . .

I search for adequate words, stay tuned . . .

pjb

89. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Mar 15 2013 9:03:19
    #

Login to Send PM

First time I have heard anyone complain about too much testosterone towards me.

I like being a manly and rugged man. Before Monty Python I had considered a career as a lumberjack although my early careers aptitude test suggested prison guard or agro forestry specialist.

Maybe we need to have an alternate calendar for bedbug sufferers showing symptoms in funny poses. I know I have been asked to inspect a few skin reactions in odd places over the years and not always places I cared to look, I recall one summers afternoon when I was asked "do these look like bedbug bites" only to reply "No I would say they are 34 DD". I was uncannily spot on and as they would have normally been covered with clothing I was able to conclude carpet beetle reactions and found the skins a few minutes later.

David

90. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Mar 15 2013 12:00:50
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 2 hours ago  » 
    First time I have heard anyone complain about too much testosterone towards me.
    David

Hey that was just TAOT!

bed-bugscouk - 2 hours ago  » 
    I recall one summers afternoon when I was asked "do these look like bedbug bites" only to reply "No I would say they are 34 DD". I was uncannily spot . . .
    David

Just one more "perk" to the job, eh?! (Or would that be "perky")

91. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Mar 15 2013 12:50:38
    #

Login to Send PM

AbsolutelyFreaking - 48 minutes ago  » 
    Just one more "perk" to the job, eh?! (Or would that be "perky")

I was given a $ for every time I have been offered the chance to jump into someones bed a work I could take a month off. However we have to remain professional and remind people exactly why we are there and that if the home is infested then its their job to sleep in the bed not ours, unless they want to engage the BB_U.

92. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Mar 15 2013 19:12:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, they are just asking you to sleep...had me worried for a minute that this would turn into an ADULT labeled thread!

93. bedbugsuptown

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Mar 23 2013 22:21:00
    #

Login to Send PM

AbsolutelyFreaking--Crazy lil' bird and damn that truck for missing this.....................................

KillerQueen's associate is known to many of the pro's.-- Bobby aka The Clown, (you can leave out the clown part.....I think I gave him that name when I accused him of being the culprit in David James thread/quest to discover who copped his credit card for a couple o' free lunches @ the Chicago BB Convention 2011.

Anyway, Bobby's a looker trust me. John, for all I know your a looker too, but it was Bobby who came to inspect my place that weekend. Whatcha' think Bobby. This is a nomination for a guy who knows bedbugs and has the looks to prove it---of course this makes no sense but isn't nonsense what I'm best known for round here.

I nominate Bobby the clown for August cuz bobby's hot, straight up.

94. bedbugsuptown

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Mar 23 2013 22:36:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Cilecto--thought about nominating you for 2 seconds. Knew you'd never come out from behind your
    pan of rugalach pastry and that's just fine cuz you one smart, clever and humble (compliment) bugger and I'm pretty damn sure that your a native new yorker. Your wife's one lucky girl.

95. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 15 2013 8:14:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, BBUT, too busy for July. How about Spidey, BuggyInSocal, or Doug Summers?

96. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 15 2013 8:25:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Cilecto!

Doug Summers is July . . .

Winston O. Buggy is August (I hope he is still planning on doing it!!!) . . .

October is taken . . .

I still need a September and November . . .

It would be really great if you would like to be September or November!!

97. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 15 2013 9:09:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe, just maybe someone could do a fans page for one of the month's. I am sure I could contribute a picture or two, just say'n .

David

98. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 15 2013 10:21:21
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 1 hour ago  » 
    Maybe, just maybe someone could do a fans page for one of the month's. I am sure I could contribute a picture or two, just say'n .
    David

Master Cain: What an interesting and unique idea! I would love to do a "fans page" for one of the remaining months! Please forward to me any pictures I could use on such a fans page!!

99. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 15 2013 11:42:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I have just the perfect shot taken with a zoom lens of two ladies with telephoto cameras on top of a Manhattan building. You can just make out the look of shock, horror and illumination on their faces as I had set the timer and was mooning them at the time.

David

100. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 15 2013 13:25:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Spideyjg and Buggyinsocal are the two longest-running user-contributors and would be excellent for the other slot(s).

AbsolutelyFreaking-- if you want, you can email me something to forward to them if you like. Due to the site's privacy policy, please include a clear request to do this like "Please forward this to x by email." Thanks

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.

287,468 posts in 47,891 topics over 148 months by 21,097 of 21,434 members. Latest: bbscare13, kdms94, Notsurewhatthisis