Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Bed bug bomb after exterminator: please help?

(12 posts)
  1. iwantthemgone

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 10:20:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I set off a bed bug bomb after the exterminator came and sprayed for the little pests. Will that make it worse or will it be okay because the exterminator came and sprayed already? Keep in mind I only found 1 bug and no traces at all that there were more (though I am sure there are) I put mattress covers on my box springs and my mattress and replaced my memory foam pad and my pillows and put covers on those as well. I put a flea and tick collar between the mattress cover and the sheets because the exterminator says that helps prevent them. Will that be enough? I really really don't want them to get worse!

2. Koebner

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 10:42:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations - you have just sabotaged your exterminator's efforts.
    Regardless of other treatment, bug bombs are always a bad idea against BBs.
    What on earth posessed you to do this?

To be fair, your PCO doesn't inspire confidence - flea & tick collars? You might as well put holy water under there.

3. kinihatesbedbugs

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 10:43:26
    #

Login to Send PM

iwantthemgone - To be honest I would not have done anything unless I talked to my exterminator..

See the FAQ's

http://bedbugger.com/2007/01/20/faq-think-you-have-bed-bugs-some-dos-and-donts/

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 10:44:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Bombs are always a big no-no.

The issue is that they diffuse infestations spreading them out and making them harder to treat.

If you had more than the one that was found and killed you will no need to widen the search area to the whole room rather than localised to the bed.

It matters not that the professional was in first its the amateur use of these things that causes the problem.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. iwantthemgone

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 13:46:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay thanks for your help. The exterminator is coming back again in two weeks I will have him come back one more time after that.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 13:49:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Please explain to them what you have done and that they will most likley have to expand the search radius.

David

7. iwantthemgone

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 13:50:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I most definitely will

8. iwantthemgone

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 14:06:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Koebner - 3 hours ago  » 
    Congratulations - you have just sabotaged your exterminator's efforts.
    Regardless of other treatment, bug bombs are always a bad idea against BBs.
    What on earth posessed you to do this?
    To be fair, your PCO doesn't inspire confidence - flea & tick collars? You might as well put holy water under there.

I am really sorry I seriously have no idea what I am doing... I am only 19 I just barely moved out on my own and I didn't know I wanted to listen to the exterminator because he is supposed to know more than me...

9. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 14:20:39
    #

Login to Send PM

It's ok. You are not the only person who has panicked and done some bad things. Like Kini said, be sure to read the FAQs that she posted to and others on this site. Knowledge is your most powerful weapon.

10. iwantthemgone

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 14:27:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you give me a link for when you are moving? I am in the coast guard and that would be helpful for my next station when I recieve it

11. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 14:44:36
    #

Login to Send PM

12. iwantthemgone

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 20 2012 15:00:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you thank you thank you!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,821 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen