Bed bug bites every spring??

(2 posts)
  1. maries

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 23 2014 12:35:28
    #

Login to Send PM

After a year free of bites, I just woke up with a bunch of them. Just for the sake of argument, let's not question whether they are or are not bed bug bites. Assume they are.

I realized that our first encounter with BBs was two years ago, in about this time of year (May). We found actual bugs on the bed at that time (confirmed). We never got treatment, but threw out the bed, cleaned/covered everything and lived out of bags for a while. No bites for a year.

Then last May my son started getting them again. Bed looked fine, but sofa had bug casings. Did not confirm what kind of bug, just covered it and went through the whole process again. No more bites. Until now, one year later.

I've been cleaning and vacuuming and bagging and so on. Hoping this goes away as the other two did. But why would they come back every June? Our house (sfh in the suburbs) is clean, we don't travel much (and we're careful when we do), so why do we have this problem EVERY year about this time? Seems unlikely it's the same bugs after a year, doesn't it? Is this common? Why us??

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 23 2014 13:22:30
    #

Login to Send PM

You're looking for explanations on an unidentified bug?
    Annual visit from a source perhaps?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula