Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bed bug bite reaction : age / hereditary factors?

(3 posts)
  1. BittenBoy

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jul 15 2019 20:24:39
    #

Login to Send PM

A few years ago, my dad's house had a bed bug infestation. This only came to light when I was visiting & got bites -- I'd had them in my own place a couple years before, so I was familiar with them. He was exhibiting no reaction to them whatsoever, so we had no idea how long they'd been there. (And yes, it was confirmed to be bed bugs by a PCO - he did a chemical treatment and that was the end of them).

I've read that somewhere between 20% - 30% of humans are immune to the itchy red welts that make life hell for the rest of the population, and I'm curious if (a) age is a factor -- my father was about 80 years old when this happened, and (b) is there any evidence that bite-reaction immunity is a genetic trait? (Obviously it's not in my case.)

2. relnoorain

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 16:22:15
    #

Login to Send PM

It happen only some cases better try to visit AIIMS if u can visit this country fot treatment u will get solution in this hospital .
    Read few importent treatment here also bed bugs bites treatment

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 5 2019 17:02:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Answers:

A) Yes, older people are less reactive in general.

B) No, I have met identical twin in near identical infestations where one responded and one did not.

The stat is closer to 60% of people not initially responding to bedbugs. It’s a complex subject full of apparently genetic and environmental triggers and as the variables are so complex you can’t diagnose down to the individual level. The bite primer is your best resource.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,802 posts in 49,808 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991