Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bed bug bite not itchy?

(8 posts)
  1. seancruz92

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jun 7 2019 13:26:35
    #

Login to Send PM

So I found a bed bug (female) 3 months ago. Obviously got rid of it and didn't find more after searching multiple times. 3 months ago when I found the bug I had bites, I also had bed bug bites years ago, and both sets of bites I remember were excruciatingly itchy and became red irritated swollen welts that would take a couple weeks to heal.

So every now and then since 3 months ago I'm seeing tiny little bumps on my skin (for example my arm or leg), usually one at a time every couple of days or so. They don't itch at all but they look inflamed as they are bright red (almost pink). They are also small, not like the swelling from the previous bites. My question is f it's possible to have bites that form a small bright bumps that doesn't itch at all? And if so, is it possible to all of a sudden have a new reaction to bites after repeatedly having drastically different ones from the same bugs previously? I haven't found any signs recently that could indicate bed bugs, though I do also know that that they are great at hiding in box springs. Please let me know your thoughts.

2. seancruz92

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jun 7 2019 14:08:48
    #

Login to Send PM

https://ibb.co/f4gjXxY
    https://ibb.co/nswLtwq
    https://ibb.co/c2PsLtf

Those are some images. The one from my neck is the one i took 3 months ago the day after being nit. The other two are recent and both not itchy at all so not sire what they are, i just know they are much smaller.

3. seancruz92

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jun 7 2019 14:09:29
    #

Login to Send PM

the middle one is the neck one btw

4. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Jun 8 2019 19:54:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes it is possible to have completely new reactions, like ones that don't itch. I can only go off my own experience, but at the start of my infestation I had your typical massive red itchy welts that were very distressing. I got the house sprayed and went away for a month and when I came back I was noticing these tiny bumps, somethtimes they itched a little, sometimes alot and sometimes not all. I knew they had to be bites as I was getting blood spots on my sheets often... Still was very confusing! One day I happened to find about 10 babies feeding on my legs and to my my horror not one bite showed up, not even an itch. I would stay on high alert and maybe put some monitors up for peace of mind.

5. seancruz92

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 9 2019 3:37:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh wow, that’s crazy. 10 babies. Yeah it is a bit nerve wrecking to think of these critters in your bed knowing they’re difficult to fully get rid of. It doesn’t help that this time of year those tiny flies that bite come around and we always get a lot of them in my area, so that’s got me going crazy since i don’t really trust that it’s always from them. I have the leg things for the bed, been there 3 years and never found anything. I did take the liberty of treating my home though using various methods just in case.

6. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 9 2019 4:57:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah it's hard to not over anylise every single bite or mark.... These bugs really mess with your mind and have you questioning everything! Just curious where you found the last BB? Sounds like your doing what you can... I would take comfort in the fact that you haven't seen anything in 3 months.. that is promising 😆

7. seancruz92

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 9 2019 11:30:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I actually found it after it bit me on my neck. It was an adult female so that’s why I’ve been hyper vigilant of any other bugs or anything. I had just laid down for maybe 15 minutes from getting home and I had my outside clothes on the bed. Living in nyc makes it easy to get these bugs so i never knew if it was from outside or if there was a hidden infestation. But yes, i haven’t found anything in 3 months so hopefully it was just an outside stray that i got rid of and it didn’t have time to reproduce. I’ll of course stay vigilant though.

8. seancruz92

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 9 2019 11:31:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I found it on my bed so I’m thinking i brought in

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,670 posts in 49,315 topics over 152 months by 21,612 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE