Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bed bug bite ID

(3 posts)
  1. KISADIDA

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jun 28 2018 14:10:58
    #

Login to Send PM

My mother took international airplane to NY on June 4th and stayed in my apartment till today. She lived in the smaller bedroom which has one mattress with bed proof cover put on the floor. there is only two desk and a closet in the bedroom.

she started to get some small bites on her leg since last Saturday. first two bites on right leg on saturday, another five bites on left leg on Sunday, and another three bites close to the five bites on Tuesday. Could you please help check whether it's likely bed bug bites? does bed bug bite at same place in different days?

we invited PCO to inspect yesterday and he said there is no sign of bed bugs. He checked the walls and mattress, but didn't take off the mattress cover and just check the cover. I'm still very concerned with bed bugs because there is maybe only one or two bugs and we can't find signs of them. I found one small round black stain on my mother's bed sheet a few days ago. but only one small round spot. also, one small bug trapped by the glue board, not sure whether it's bed bug.

bite 1

bite 2

bug on glue board

Thank you!

2. Oldhill

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jun 28 2018 20:06:24
    #

Login to Send PM

The bug appears to be a larder beetle, a type of carpet beetle. The skin reaction could have been caused by the larvae of this beetle. I suggest placing more glue boards around your home to help find out if there are a lot of beetles and where they are coming from. I also highly suggest putting the mattress on a bed frame to get it off the floor, this will make it less likely for any bug to crawl over your mother.

I am not a professional or expert.

3. KISADIDA

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Jun 29 2018 8:33:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Oldhill - 12 hours ago  » 
    The bug appears to be a larder beetle, a type of carpet beetle. The skin reaction could have been caused by the larvae of this beetle. I suggest placing more glue boards around your home to help find out if there are a lot of beetles and where they are coming from. I also highly suggest putting the mattress on a bed frame to get it off the floor, this will make it less likely for any bug to crawl over your mother.
    I am not a professional or expert.

oldhill, thank you for the reply!! I will buy a new folding bed and put double side tape on the bed lag to see whether my mother will get more bites.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19