Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Bed Bug Beacon or something better????

(3 posts)
  1. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 16 2010 11:40:16
    #

Login to Send PM

My PCO just treated and recommended I get a Bed Bug Beacon to make sure the bugs are gone. Some of the comments on this web site make it sound like the Beacon is best for large infestations. What about small infestations? What can I use to test to make sure they are gone?

2. bug-tired

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 16 2010 12:08:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Beacons are active monitors and so are better for vacant rooms. I used one when I went on vacation for a week and did not catch any although I still had them. There's a really good Jeff White video on bedbug TV on how to use them. He does mention they work better in heavy infestations and that it may not attract bugs in a light infestation. (I was glad to know I probably didn't have a heavy infestation). They are not recommended for use in roomos where you live or sleep or spend any amount of time.

Look into the passive monitors like climb-up interceptors. There's another new passive monitor - I bought one but haven't tried yet. I have caught one in the climb-up though. Lucky for me it was trying to get OUT of my bed and he and his other little friends all died.

Also I have matress & box sheet encasements and bought white sheets. Their fecal spots really show up on the white.

Good luck!

3. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 16 2010 12:14:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. Those climb-up interceptors have got to be much cheaper, too.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,319 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto