(8 posts)
  1. Jisuy

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Jan 12 2018 15:24:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone,
    I need to identify if I am having bed bugs in my dorm. I share the room with 3 other roommates which everyone has their own lil room in the room, so we only share the living room/kitchen and the bathroom. For a while I've been seeing very tiny almost invisible yellowish bugs near my bed for like a month. My friend saw them at kitchen too. Then one day I saw a much bigger reddish brown one on my wall almost near my face. And I started looking for more, I realised there are much more of those little almost invisible ones. But I could not find another big one. The room got disinfected and I too sparayed raid everywhere. But lil ones are still alive. The big one certainly looked like a bed bug and maybe those are the nymphs. What do you think? I am freaking out.

2. Jisuy

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Jan 12 2018 15:36:52
    #

Login to Send PM

This is the pic I took.

3. Jisuy

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Jan 12 2018 15:37:35
    #

Login to Send PM

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Jan 12 2018 15:56:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Jisuy - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Hello everyone,
    I need to identify if I am having bed bugs in my dorm. I share the room with 3 other roommates which everyone has their own lil room in the room, so we only share the living room/kitchen and the bathroom. For a while I've been seeing very tiny almost invisible yellowish bugs near my bed for like a month. My friend saw them at kitchen too. Then one day I saw a much bigger reddish brown one on my wall almost near my face. And I started looking for more, I realised there are much more of those little almost invisible ones. But I could not find another big one. The room got disinfected and I too sparayed raid everywhere. But lil ones are still alive. The big one certainly looked like a bed bug and maybe those are the nymphs. What do you think? I am freaking out.

No, not a bed bug. Looks more like a mite, but not the parasitic ones such as would be associated with birds and rodents.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Jisuy

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Jan 12 2018 19:51:33
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 3 hours ago  » 

Hello everyone,

No, not a bed bug. Looks more like a mite, but not the parasitic ones such as would be associated with birds and rodents.

Such relief to hear you say this Lou. Thank you. But I keep thinking about the big reddish brown one. That is why I got the idea of bed bugs in the first place.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 9:45:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Jisuy - 13 hours ago  » 

loubugs - 3 hours ago  » 

Hello everyone,

Such relief to hear you say this Lou. Thank you. But I keep thinking about the big reddish brown one. That is why I got the idea of bed bugs in the first place.

The reddish brown one is the only one I saw.

7. Jisuy

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Jan 13 2018 11:12:29
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 hour ago  » 

Jisuy - 13 hours ago  » 

loubugs - 3 hours ago  » 

Hello everyone,

The reddish brown one is the only one I saw.

Oh, the one in the photo is one of the little yellow ones that I zoomed in. I could not take a photo of the big reddish brown one. At first I thought it was an adult bed bug and the one in the photo was a nymph. Is that a possibility?

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 months ago
    Sun Jan 14 2018 1:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

As Lou said, the sample in the photo is not a bed bug.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,966 posts in 45,922 topics over 140 months by 20,229 of 21,036 members. Latest: Roomtenant99, notagain2018, freakedout4589