Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Bed Bug Ads on Forum

(4 posts)
  1. sistabelle

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jul 20 2008 0:05:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I know that PCO's are recommended, but if you can't prove yet you have them. If you have only brought them home 6 days ago, would any of the products advertised have a chance against further infestations?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jul 20 2008 0:21:41
    #

Login to Send PM

sistabelle,

Has a PCO inspected and pronounced you clear?
    Do you KNOW for sure you have them? Did you see them in a hotel and bring them home?

(A PCO is your best bet in most cases. The answers to these questions affect what I would recommend as far as getting help.)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jul 20 2008 0:40:30
    #

Login to Send PM

In the FAQ on protecting or isolating the bed are things that can help.

Example, if you wrap double sided carpet tape around the legs of the bed you may "capture" your evidence right there.

We captured a live one to show them. Set your alarm to wake before dawn and have a ziploc bag and flashlight at the bedside. Wake up, grab the light and look real quick. See one, grab and bag.

I realize grabbing a BB is a quite icky but that is your proof. Check your sticky tape for trapped ones as well.

The less they feed, the less they breed.

Jim

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jul 20 2008 8:00:30
    #

Login to Send PM

How often are you getting bites? This can help you determine how many bed bugs you have.

If someone really had ONE bug, then aggressive cleaning and laundering can sometimes be enough. But often we misjudge the size of infestation or the actual onset (since bite reactions can be delayed -- people have been bitten for months before their bodies start exhibiting reactions).

I personally think it's best to go the professional route. If you mention your location someone might have a recommendation for a good PCO and you might try a second opinion or try to find a bed bug dog.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017