Bed Bug? [a: not bed bug-related]

(6 posts)
  1. Scrface

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 29 2017 19:07:37
    #

Login to Send PM

So im crazy paranoid about bed bugs. I went out the other night and the next day in the seat they were sitting in was a brown spot..first thing that came to my mind was hope he didnt drop a bed bug in here and its a dropping/stain. Today im driving home and see a bunch of little "casings" in the same seat and im freaking out (where did they come from? Doesnt just appear...dont think i could have dropped anything or something blew in my window. Went and vaccumed my car, threw away my car seat and threw out a box of shoes in the back (i know...but heard they're a nightmare had a close call once last year). Anyway i tried to take pics but this is as close as i could get without losing focus. I can try taking more of you cant see good enough...they're kind of hard, shiny and dark brown (and the two bigger ones are football shaped like an adult bed bug). Actually as i was typing this i remembered i was under a tree with my window down at lunch because there was a nice breeze...so guess its possible something could have blew in.

http://i63.tinypic.com/1zpqg0g.jpg

2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 29 2017 19:21:11
    #

Login to Send PM

They don't look bed bug related to me.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  3. Scrface

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 29 2017 21:31:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks...how certain are you? What do bed bug casings look like? Two of them look like the tail end of an adult female but wondering what the actual shedding looks like

4. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 29 2017 22:30:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Scrface, casings look just like bedbugs - shape and all - but are mostly semi-transparant. The debris you posted doesn't resemble bb shed skins. Search tags here for 'casings' and 'cast skin' and there are lots of photos of what is - and isn't - a bb casing.

If someone sat in your car and dropped a bb, you wouldn't see casings right away and definitely not in the open. Casings are usually found in bb harborages - dark, hidden places. Cars are also not ideal for bbs to live in, and though they can occur there, it would be unlikely someone dropped one in the car.

I know the thought of bbs is scary, but take a deep breath and ask yourself: Do I have reason to believe someone brought bugs into my car? What else could this debris be? There are lots of answers, but this does not look like bbs.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  5. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 29 2017 22:36:31
    #

Login to Send PM

6. Scrface

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 30 2017 19:36:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the help

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,179 posts in 50,132 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92