Please help with Bed bug ID

(22 posts)
  1. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Apr 17 2015 23:16:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like one. If there are three pics, it's the one on the left.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131724013@N03/with/16976560517/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  2. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Apr 17 2015 23:59:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Gahhh:
    I'm not an expert & there are only 2pic's on your flickr and they are not bedbugs. I do recall your past ID request for the one on the right , but don't recall if the left was the same pic from back then.
    Here is a page you can see bedbugs in all stages of life.
    http://bedbugger.com/bed-bug-images/

If you check your pic's there are 2 the one on the left clearly has jumping legs , bedbugs do not jump.
    if your new ID pic did not upload on your flickr you should retry & re-post it here.

3. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:02:18
    #

Login to Send PM

4. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:03:14
    #

Login to Send PM

The latest link goes to the picture. Should be only one picture.

5. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:07:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bedbug it has jumper legs..can't make it out well enough to say but the body & leg shape look like a flea, but can't tell the size of it. like I said I'm not an expert but can say for sure its not a bb..

6. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:16:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think its right for a flea either, legs are transparent looking & front legs seem to be missing .
    Sorry all I can say is its clearly not a BB..An expert will have to tell you anything more. Hope I at least decreased your stress

7. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:20:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Gahh:The latest link goes to the picture. Should be only one picture
    ------------------------
    The latest link goes to TWO pictures. One of them in better focus appears to in the rim of a ClimbUP device and then there's another one more out of focus.

Richard

8. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:22:31
    #

Login to Send PM

There is a second link that will take you to the ONE picture. Just a bug, my stress has reduced. Thanks!

9. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:28:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry still see TWO pictures and only had one beer tonight. There is the featured pic and down at the bottom are two thumbnails. Also, if you scroll right you get the second picture. It's possible someone else may see the pics in reverse order.

This is the link I used:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131724013@N03/16976560517/

10. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:28:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard
    He posted this on before its a roach on a plastic lid.
    The other one must be the new pic & it has jumping legs, but the pic or bug isn't clear enough to tell much more about it.
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/is-this-a-bed-bug-142

11. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:31:19
    #

Login to Send PM

IJB: He posted this on before its a roach on a plastic lid.
    The other one must be the new pic & it has jumping legs, but the pic or bug
    -------------
    OK. But he really should only post the pic he wants ID'd. If I'm confused, the pro who confirms may be confused as well. So it's not the one with the elongated body that appears to be in a Climb UP?

Richard

12. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:36:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, gotta sign off. Still confused on which pic I should ID, so best err on side of caution and not give an ID.

Richard

13. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:46:00
    #

Login to Send PM

niether of them are bb's Richard the 2nd one has jumping legs,,Looks like crickets legs.
    https://flic.kr/p/rSaiZg

There are 2 pic's here & he says it's the left one.. there is no link with just 1 pic. ok now that clear.haha

14. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:51:31
    #

Login to Send PM

IJA, I appreciate your help, but since there are two pictures I really don't know if you're looking at the same pic I am as some photo sites do not deliver the same pic to everyone as a main pic, when there are multiple pics.

That said, I do see that Lou ID's the one in what appears to be a ClimbUp as a cockroach nymph. And the other is not a bed bug, so that's good news.

Still, if the OP wants specific ID's for a picture, best to post only one picture, unless there are multiple shots of the same creature, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Richard

15. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 0:56:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes and now its more confused to view by phone also as many times experts do. maybe he /she should do single pic on new thread if they want specific ID what do you think?

16. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 1:01:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard:

Sorry still see TWO pictures and only had one beer tonight.

I just caught that beer part haha, maybe it time for mine after this

17. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 6:02:50
    #

Login to Send PM

IJB: Yes and now its more confused to view by phone also as many times experts do. maybe he /she should do single pic on new thread if they want specific ID what do you think?
    -----------------------------
    Good point and a good idea if OP wants expert ID on exact species of second pic. For clarity, each photo link should only refer to one particular insect. If you have two inspects to be ID'd, best to use 2 links.

Richard

18. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Apr 18 2015 17:20:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear gah,

Sorry but I cannot tell what that photo is due to the poor quality of the photo.

It appears you took the photo "through" a plastic bag which is never a good idea for photo quality when tiny detail is needed to be viewed in clarity.

Perhaps you can re-shoot the photo and re-post???

pjb

19. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Apr 19 2015 6:51:41
    #

Login to Send PM

It doesn't look to be bed bug related. Can't tell what it is.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  20. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Apr 19 2015 8:17:50
    #

Login to Send PM

By Jove, all those posts and back and forth by newbites. Sometimes you should just post and wait for an expert to take a look like Paul or Lou instead of wasting space and sending the poster running back to the threads like a Pavlovian parasite. If it is not obvious from the posted pix and your response says something about not being an expert. Simply wait for the expert bus to come along.

21. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Apr 19 2015 8:34:14
    #

Login to Send PM

The magnification of the image is almost at the limits of resolution for the size of the object.

22. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Apr 19 2015 8:43:47
    #

Login to Send PM

WOB:By Jove, all those posts and back and forth by newbites. Sometimes you should just post and wait for an expert to take a look like Paul or Lou instead of wasting space and sending the poster running back to the threads like a Pavlovian parasite.
    ----------------------------------
    You obviously haven't carefully read the thread, nor were you around when confusing multiple pictures were posted that have been corrected in part through the efforts of those you are attacking. It'sJustABug and myself were not "wasting space" but actually helping get the pictures better organized so a pro, like yourself, would have less problems figuring out what bug was being asked to be identified. That, and lately this forum has been encouraging non-pro's to help with bug identification (as well as posting reference pictures) as long as it's within our knowledge base. And btw I'm hardly a "newbite". I've been posting here for five years.

Richard

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,194 posts in 50,136 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69