BED BG BLOOD SMEAR/FECAL STAIN? PLEASE PLEASE HELP

(14 posts)
  1. Kayellluh

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 21:03:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this on the wall side of my daughters sheets. I need to know if this is B.B. related? PLEASE

https://ibb.co/dY8ivJ

2. Kayellluh

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 21:04:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Edit: it flaked off when I picked up the tiny black speck. Is this typical of fecal matter?

3. Kayellluh

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 22:09:26
    #

Login to Send PM

BUMP...HELP!!!!!

4. zelchbug

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 22:20:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Kayellluh - 8 minutes ago  » 
    BUMP...HELP!!!!!

Maybe someone with more experience will come along and comment but that wouldn't concern me unless I saw other signs and I consider myself hyper-vigilant

5. Kayellluh

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 22:30:22
    #

Login to Send PM

zelchbug - 8 minutes ago  » 

Kayellluh - 8 minutes ago  » 
    BUMP...HELP!!!!!

Maybe someone with more experience will come along and comment but that wouldn't concern me unless I saw other signs and I consider myself hyper-vigilant

She has two bumps on each forearm that are red kind of rings with a white center. About the size of a pencil eraser. & one under her chin. What else do you think this could be? It just seems so random to have a light red colored spot with a black speck smeared on the side of her bed. We had an extremely small infestation isolated to my room about 3 years ago in a different apartment which I was extremely vigilant about and was able to eradicate it less than a month. I admit I still have major PTSD over this!!!

6. zelchbug

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 22:47:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand, it's extremely stressful, especially when they're kids involved. Since you live in an apartment I'm wondering if your landlord will pay for a PCO to come in and take a look. I've had all kinds of welts and bumps over the years due to allergies, some looked exactly like the bed bug bites I had back in 2010. I know my daughter has really sensitive skin and gets frequent bumps and rashes. Hang in there, I'm sure others will be along soon to comment.

7. Kayellluh

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 22:53:00
    #

Login to Send PM

zelchbug - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I understand, it's extremely stressful, especially when they're kids involved. Since you live in an apartment I'm wondering if your landlord will pay for a PCO to come in and take a look. I've had all kinds of welts and bumps over the years due to allergies, some looked exactly like the bed bug bites I had back in 2010. I know my daughter has really sensitive skin and gets frequent bumps and rashes. Hang in there, I'm sure others will be along soon to comment.

Unfortunately, I already talked to my landlord about what would happen in the event of bed bugs & he was completely against paying for anything. In my state, legally he has to pay but the time it would take to drag him into court to cough up the money and get my apartment treated, a possible infestation would have so much time to grow & spread to other apartments.

My daughter also has extremely sensitive skin, as do I & were expecting a baby next month & I do NOT a want to bring a newborn into a BB infested house. Idk what to do 😭

8. zelchbug

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 23:01:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Kayellluh - 3 minutes ago  » 

Unfortunately, I already talked to my landlord about what would happen in the event of bed bugs & he was completely against paying for anything. In my state, legally he has to pay but the time it would take to drag him into court to cough up the money and get my apartment treated, a possible infestation would have so much time to grow & spread to other apartments.
    My daughter also has extremely sensitive skin, as do I & were expecting a baby next month & I do NOT a want to bring a newborn into a BB infested house. Idk what to do 😭

Having a landlord who is unwilling to cooperate certainly doesn't help matters, you'd think they'd be a little more understanding when there is a baby on the way. The only thing I can add is that there has been at least two times where I was sure my place was infested and nothing ever turned up, definitely not a foregone conclusion at this point. Do you have a passive monitor? I just got some climbUps for my bed for maybe 15 bucks on Amazon. You know what to look for, so you have that in your favor.

9. Kayellluh

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Jun 12 2018 23:14:21
    #

Login to Send PM

zelchbug - 4 minutes ago  » 

Having a landlord who is unwilling to cooperate certainly doesn't help matters, you'd think they'd be a little more understanding when there is a baby on the way. The only thing I can add is that there has been at least two times where I was sure my place was infested and nothing ever turned up, definitely not a foregone conclusion at this point. Do you have a passive monitor? I just got some climbUps for my bed for maybe 15 bucks on Amazon. You know what to look for, so you have that in your favor.

Ever since my first infestation I’ve always had glue traps in our rooms. Never found anything but an ant, some spiders & a centipede thus far. When we moved I tossed all of our couches, dressers andr beds just to be on the safe side even with expensive encasements on them & having been rid of them for 1.5 years since we got rid of them & I made sure to get my daughter a metal bed frame when we moved into our new place cause B.B. have a hard time climbing smooth surfaces & it’s harder for them to get cozy in metals but I know it’s not fool proof. Praying this stain is just from a flea from her dads house where they have a dog. Thank you for talking to me! My husband won’t even touch the subject & im silently freaking out here!

I’m so so cautious with everything, I even stopped having people over due to the fear of someone bringing them into my home seeing that’s how I ended up with them the first time!

10. Pattycake

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 8:28:32
    #

Login to Send PM

David Cain’s BB monitor can help give you peace of mind and alert you to a outbreak early. He says that you would see signs within two weeks. I bought mine on Bed Bug Supply.

11. Kayellluh

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 16:04:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Bump

12. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 16:55:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't suspect bed bugs with just that mark.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  13. Kayellluh

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 17:19:41
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 24 minutes ago  » 
    I wouldn't suspect bed bugs with just that mark.

What about single bites too?

14. zelchbug

Posted 4 days ago
    Wed Jun 13 2018 20:51:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Kayellluh - 21 hours ago  » 

zelchbug - 4 minutes ago  » 

Ever since my first infestation I’ve always had glue traps in our rooms. Never found anything but an ant, some spiders & a centipede thus far. When we moved I tossed all of our couches, dressers andr beds just to be on the safe side even with expensive encasements on them & having been rid of them for 1.5 years since we got rid of them & I made sure to get my daughter a metal bed frame when we moved into our new place cause B.B. have a hard time climbing smooth surfaces & it’s harder for them to get cozy in metals but I know it’s not fool proof. Praying this stain is just from a flea from her dads house where they have a dog. Thank you for talking to me! My husband won’t even touch the subject & im silently freaking out here!
    I’m so so cautious with everything, I even stopped having people over due to the fear of someone bringing them into my home seeing that’s how I ended up with them the first time!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I have no pets and keep a very clean house and recently discovered fleas around, they can bite and leave a nasty welt, I've also come across flea dirt which looks like little specs of charcoal and turns a lighter shade with water. Lots of biting critters around this time of year. Someone mentioned David Cain's bed bug monitor, if it were me, that'd be my next step.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,595 posts in 45,047 topics over 137 months by 19,778 of 20,511 members. Latest: Savingabel16, K2000, 2peanuts2pumpkins