bbs in old house

(5 posts)
  1. bb_oldhouse

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 16 2014 0:03:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it possible to successfully get rid of bb in an old house with clutter?
    I'm house sitting for a relative and the house is old and with so much clutter. I know he will not get rid of anything.
    I keep waking up with bites. Help!

2. spicynat

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 16 2014 0:19:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

If you can't do anything about clutter and the house isn't yours I would suggest you try to isolate and steam your bed. If you kill any bugs in your bed and that BBs can't come back to your bed you won't get bitten. Then your relative will deal with the decluttering and treatment. I am absolutely not an expert but usually if BBs can't feed they can't reproduce so the infestation shouldn't get worse. I would also vacuum at least once a day to remove as many BBs you can. But you should probably wait to see if an expert replies to your thread to have a professional advice.
    Good luck! Hope you'll find a way to feel better about this and at least stop the biting.

3. spicynat

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 16 2014 0:21:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't forget if you vacuum to put the vacuum bag in a sealed bag and throw it away each time you finished vacuuming.

4. bb_oldhouse

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 16 2014 10:18:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you spicynat.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 16 2014 15:16:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Clutter is a problem. You can look into methods involving fumigation (tenting and gassing the home with a product like sulfuryl fluoride) or structural heat treatment. Pros who do this kind of work could advise you on how much clutter could remain in those types of treatments.

Have you actually verified the presence of bed bugs with a visual ID? If not, it could be lots of other things. Skin reactions aren't proof of bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,207 posts in 50,139 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10