Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

BB Veteran. Am I about to go into BB WWII?

(2 posts)
  1. aquawolf90

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat Sep 15 2018 13:10:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey all,

I lived in NYC 5 years ago and went through a HORRIFIC bed bug experience. Like there were so many in the next apartment that they moved in my apartment, kind of experience. Anyway, so I've lived in Vegas for a while now and eventually got over my PTSD. Until about a month ago. I went out to dinner with friends and took an Uber home. Right after I got home, I noticed a single itchy welt (my general reaction to BB bites)on the small of my back. Honestly, my first thought was bed bug so I took off all of my clothes, shoes, and the purse I had in the car with me then put them in the washer with hot water and then into the hot dryer. BUT I made one key mistake. I didn't want to ruin the beautiful but fragile bag so I DIDN'T put it in the dryer!!! Instead, I put it up in the semi-empty closet of the spare room, that I sometimes used for a study.

So move forward 8 days and I was sitting in that room doing homework when all of a sudden I felt this itchiness inside my shirt. Sure enough, in the area right between my shoulder and my armpit, there were was a tight formation of smaller welts (about 5). In the past, I pretty much reacted right away to being bitten. I'm HIGHLY allergic to these bites. Anyways, so I pretty much freak out because I know what it's like to have an infestation. So honestly, I get rid of that chair (bag it and have my stepdad take it a nearby remote dumpster. I launder the very few clothes in the closet and put them away. I even got rid of the cheap wooden desk that was in there (no bed or any other furniture in the room)Go through everything and recheck everything. I check my own bed, headboard, boxspring, mattress. Removed any excess stuff from my room (made sure there were no BB in any first) I called a local K9 bedbug place and they were really sweet, but pretty much told me that without visual confirmation they wouldn't do much. So I told myself that I would wait until was bitten again. So after a week, nothing. I felt a bit better. THennnnnnnnn 14 days later, I was sitting on the bus and I felt this crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy itching. Reaching down, there are these huge welts popping up on the back of my upper leg. There was a circle of 5 with a random one a bit to the side.

I freaked out. When I got home, I went straight upstairs, washed my clothes and bag in the hottest water and put them in the hottest dryer. I rechecked my room and the other room again. Veryyyy thoroughly. That was 3 days ago and I woke up this morning with a non-itchy, slightly red welt on the side of my neck. It is a single one (which I though was odd) and I'm honestly scared. After looking everywhere, I have yet to see them, but it would be a small infestation so they could be anywhere!
    I reallyyyyyyyyy want confirmation from an expert, but I don't think they'll find much right now. So should I just wait for it to get worse so someone will actually help me?

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat Sep 15 2018 16:19:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Skin lesions don't always mean bed bugs are present. You should leave out some monitor devices.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19