Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

BB Overkill? (Moving and Vikane Content)

(3 posts)
  1. invisiblemanager

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 2 2015 17:24:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Our apartment had a relatively minor infestation. Caught it very early, saw only a handful of live bugs and about six dead ones over the course of six weeks. Isolated our stuff into bags/tubs, reduced clutter, washed and dried constantly for six weeks, as well as steaming and dry cleaning stuff. Drove myself insane. Had a lovely texting relationship with our PCO.

Had a PCO come three times to spray the place including the bed frame, headboard and large furniture. Didn't really notice anything between treatments, except after the second treatment where I found a live bug on myself when sleeping and two tiny guys (promptly killed them). Since then and after the third treatment, nada. Last sighting was 3 weeks ago. We took the bed apart with the PCO, treated it, as well as the mattress and encased it after the final treatment.

I'm moving out in a week. I feel like we killed them all but I will never know 100%. I was thinking of treating my moving truck with Vikane for about $700 or so.

Do you think this is overkill?

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 2 2015 17:39:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think it's overkill. You're very close to still having an active problem that I think warrants the fumigation.

3. invisiblemanager

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 8 2015 17:16:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Update:

It's been 3-4 weeks since last sighting. No visible evidence, no bites. No nothing. I'm starting to move tomorrow. I have everything boxed up. We cleaned the mattress before we encased it. No box spring. Threw anything sketchy out. Most things have been bagged up for about six to eight weeks.

Still overkill to vikane all my non-ingestible possessions? I have it scheduled and it's gonna be $900 and an extra day of moving.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,557 posts in 46,824 topics over 143 months by 20,659 of 21,556 members. Latest: DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs, gbbedbug