Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

BB or Booklice or Something else? Help please!

(4 posts)
  1. vhshbrysd

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Sep 21 2019 12:26:19
    #

Login to Send PM

A noticed tiny insects (01-01~09.jpgs) crawling out of the crack in the skirting board about a month ago and had a pest control guy come out and tell me they were "bed bug" nymphs. He took a photo of the insects I taped using his phone and the picture was blurry but he said they were definitely BBs. (I bought a digital microscope to take the photos I uploaded here a few days after pestman came). He sprayed the area, I got the crack fixed and I didn't see anything crawl around... until now.

Now, I found this one in the same area where the bed bugs were crawling. I managed to tape it and use my digital microscope to take this photo (02-02.jpg) and the mouth was still moving.

I can't tell if it is a bed bug nymph or booklice. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

2. BedBugsLondon

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Sep 21 2019 12:43:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Your links are not working.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as employee of the patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations.

For those that are curious, yes it can be challenging working for David
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Sep 21 2019 15:38:47
    #

Login to Send PM

vhshbrysd - 3 hours ago  » 
    A noticed tiny insects (01-01~09.jpgs) crawling out of the crack in the skirting board about a month ago and had a pest control guy come out and tell me they were "bed bug" nymphs. He took a photo of the insects I taped using his phone and the picture was blurry but he said they were definitely BBs. (I bought a digital microscope to take the photos I uploaded here a few days after pestman came). He sprayed the area, I got the crack fixed and I didn't see anything crawl around... until now.
    Now, I found this one in the same area where the bed bugs were crawling. I managed to tape it and use my digital microscope to take this photo (02-02.jpg) and the mouth was still moving.
    I can't tell if it is a bed bug nymph or booklice. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

It's booklouse. Distinctive head and antennae and bulging upper lip. Mouth wouldn't move in a bed bug -- it has an elongate proboscis. You have to Quote and copy out the link address and paste it in another window.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. vhshbrysd

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Sep 21 2019 23:28:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much!

FYI here are all of the photos:
    Here are photos 01-01~09 (from a month ago):

https://imgur.com/a/vYY7sjc?

Here are 02-01~02 (last night):

https://imgur.com/a/5zTgNQQ

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,909 posts in 50,061 topics over 155 months by 21,885 of 22,373 members. Latest: Delusionalparasitosis, kslone1006, Hex999