(4 posts)
  1. abbbbb

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Feb 7 2018 6:19:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

Quick history: confirmed light infestation and three pesticide treatments since Nov 17. Found three sesame seed-looking "bugs" on my couch cushion late December, so an inspector came out to follow-up and found no evidence of live / adult bed bugs anywhere in my apt. He didn't seem too impressed with sesame seed specimen I had saved in a rubbing alcohol-filled bag, but there were lots of other saved "specimens" in the bag so it was hard to get a clear look at what I was talking about.

Fast forward to now, Feb 8, with no signs of bugs since at least late December when the inspector came. I just took off and bagged my sheets for laundry, then got in the shower, and then when I went to add fresh sheets to the bed afterwards I noticed another sesame seed "bug" on top of my mattress encasement and slightly under/near a throw pillow I've been using to sleep on (and drying regularly), with several little bits of debris around -either from me or bugs, I'm not sure.

Can anyone positively ID this "sesame seed" as a bed bug nymph? I have no idea what else it would be if not. (Note: there are other "saved" things in the bag in the images, but I'm mostly concerned about the sesame seed).

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcnLZaR

2. abbbbb

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Feb 7 2018 6:26:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I suppose I should specify that the inspector didn't find evidence of *any* bed bug activity, live or dead - no skins, feces, blood etc when he came. He used the special light and checked bed, mattress, rugs (both sides), couch (both sides and in seams), tufted ottoman (all sides and in seams). I'm mentioning this because I suppose there is some doubt whether the original three "sesame seeds" I found on my couch in December were indeed bed bug nymphs (I say yes, but the inspector didn't confirm either way - told me my saved specimen could have been a sesame seed).

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Feb 7 2018 11:31:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Feb 7 2018 13:01:29
    #

Login to Send PM

These have nothing to do with bed bug eggs.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,868 posts in 45,898 topics over 140 months by 20,212 of 21,020 members. Latest: Lima Rosa, afraidofbugs18, Bbt25