Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

BB ID please

(4 posts)
  1. Worrybug

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Oct 15 2018 18:17:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I randomly discovered this on the carpet near my bed. It appears to be an empty exoskeleton. I had a very kind local PC expert in BB take a look and advise me that although it looks similar, it is a NOT a BB due to some specific differences. However I cannot shake my paranoia and anxiety about it. Please help.

First image is bird's eye view and second is ventral. Thank you.

https://ibb.co/hvhdD0
    https://ibb.co/bzuQt0

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Oct 15 2018 20:06:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug. I cannot focus in on it with enough detail to say what it is for sure but it certainly is not a bed bug.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Oct 16 2018 3:51:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Worrybug - 9 hours ago  » 
    I randomly discovered this on the carpet near my bed. It appears to be an empty exoskeleton. I had a very kind local PC expert in BB take a look and advise me that although it looks similar, it is a NOT a BB due to some specific differences. However I cannot shake my paranoia and anxiety about it. Please help.
    First image is bird's eye view and second is ventral. Thank you.

Shake your paranoia. Looks nothing like a bed bug as KQ pointed out.
    Carpet beetle larva (Anthrenus verbasci) that is missing all the body setae (hairs).

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Worrybug

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Oct 16 2018 13:49:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you both very much.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,817 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs