newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 8:04:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

shell image :
    https://imgur.com/vHLv3CW

I found myself in the nightmarish world of bedbugs right after signing the contract for my new apartment in Marseille 5 months ago, the agency neglecting to tell me the walls were full of bedbugs... after a few hellish nights of extermination with chemicals, powders, and steam, my infestation seemed to be totally gone. In October, I found from time to time a little nymph walking on the walls, but nothing since. I've put Cimexa (diatomacious earth & pesticide) everywhere, gradually cleaning it up (who wants to live surrounded by powder?) as I grew more and more confident they were finally gone.

A week ago I saw in my leather shoe (hard to stick in the dryer) a possible nymph (could have been anything) - and killed it promptly. This week, I woke up twice with small blood stains on my sheets, fresh-coloured, which may have possibly been from some small scrapes I have. Out of sheer paranoia, I did a BB check of my studio : no fecal traces, only this cast found in my pillow. Any odd-coloured spots I found I burned with a lighter, none of which gushed into the customary sweet-smelling white-ooze I associated with the eggs during the last hunt 5 months ago.

I've thrown all my bedding into the washer and/or drier, at 60˚C (140˚F). Any thoughts folks? Anything I can do to finally finish them off, if they could still be around somehow? It's true that if they are in the walls between myself and my neighbours we might never get rid of them... still, my bed is protected by a dusting of Cimexa.

2. bbmars

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 8:12:14
    #

Login to Send PM

...and the question is do you think this is a BB cast? It could be recent, or from 5 months ago.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 8:24:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug, not a clear enough image for me to work out what it is though.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. bbmars

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 9:07:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I sure hope you're right David! Much appreciated for the rapid response, which gives me some calm from this slight psychological disorder / obsession I've developed since moving here. All the best to you and keep up the good work,

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 9:11:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It’s statistically unlikely for me to be wrong when I say 100%.

The confusion is o we what it is, a better picture that is clear and in focus way help us tell you what it is but without the image clarity I can only tell you what it’s not.

David

6. bbmars

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 9:17:34
    #

Login to Send PM

This is as in focus as I can get - it's 1mm in length. Also, I did, in the meantime, burn one bedbug-looking egg which did spill out a wee bit, but that's really all I can find after some extensive searching everywhere in my apartment. No characteristic smell though, it's possible that I missed one egg during my hunt 5 months ago.

https://imgur.com/gdMzCqY

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 9:29:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

OK, better image but one for Lou as it does not appear to be local to me.

If you want to cross refence and check your suspect egg here is an image of a hatched and an I hatched egg side by side under a microscope.

https://flic.kr/p/RXtSVG

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,532 posts in 47,701 topics over 147 months by 21,020 of 21,346 members. Latest: pray4mojo, yassine, tsm