Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

bb from different times zones, when do they bite?

(5 posts)
  1. heartattackhelpme

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jun 22 2008 15:10:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been reading articles and trying to determine if bugs adapt to different time zones. Since this started in a hotel (hilton universal) I noticed that people frequent hotels from all over the world, tropical, down under, so do bugs adapt to our time zones? I haven't found any articles regarding this only pictures of how they may look from different environmants. I sometimes notice that I have been bitten around 7 or 8. I have meen assuming that it is an allergic reaction showing up from the night before. I just want to be sure.

2. lil_bit_obsessed

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jun 22 2008 16:05:18
    #

Login to Send PM

my understanding is that bedbugs are opportunists. they prefer the dark, but if they're hungry they'll bite you anytime you are closeby and staying in on spot for a long period of time (such as sleeping in bed, or on the couch for example). i don't think it's so much an issue of adapting to time zones, rather they just come out when people are lying still and sleeping, whatever time that may be in a given location.

many people have reported bites flaring up in the evening, it seems to be pretty common. i noticed mine often did that as well. of course, i don't know for SURE that i wasn't being bit in the day, but the bites were in locations (neck, upper arms) that were exposed when i was sleeping.

3. heartattackhelpme

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jun 22 2008 19:35:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I am getting bit on my arms.
    You are really helping me. The person whom is doing my thermal treatment has been treating me like I am having a phscotic reaction to all of this. that there is no way that a bb could bite during the early evening or as frequently as I am. He says once a week.
    I see the bites.
    I have seen bugs.
    Anhow he did admit that he wasn't a thorough as he should have been so he is coming back.
    I hope this will end soon.
    Have you heard great reviews about baking bugs? Are their treatments successful?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jun 22 2008 23:15:24
    #

Login to Send PM

heartattackhelpme,

Like any other treatment method, the success of a thermal treatment would depend on the practitioner.

Just so you know, each bed bug can bite once a week. Factoring in that bed bugs often attempt to bite more than once before having their meal (which means some people get 3 bites in a row, "breakfast, lunch and dinner" from one bug), in many cases, it will be one bug, one bite, per week.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. lil_bit_obsessed

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jun 23 2008 13:40:00
    #

Login to Send PM

heart, sorry, i don't know much about thermal. i'd be interested to hear how it works for you though, i find the idea of thermal very interesting. i do believe bakedbedbugs (a company that offers thermal in vancouver) is on this site, if you wanted to pm them for info. i know there is another thermal provider in edmonton now, as well. not sure who else is out there.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,328 posts in 50,173 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14