Bb driving me insane im tossing everything --maybe

(4 posts)
  1. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 6 2017 10:38:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a few questions so for me I really only care that my kids are safe. I rent a 3 bd house with attic huge basement(now storage) and detached garage I'm so overwhelmed about the cleaning process I also have some kind of rodent in the attic/walls so I'm really freaking out. I believe the problem started in my room not sure when but I threw out my mattress (responsibley) once I found them (I was in a panic) I also tossed stuff no longer needed (computer chair cushioned rocking chair and storage ottoman) just stuff I was worried about I haven't seen anything in about 5-7 days now but I think my girls have bites but hard to determine from what so now I'm wondering if I should keep my very large sectional couch it has recliners on ends and it's a strange material so I'm not too sure I took it apart and nothing no evidence at all. Also what about my kitchen table could or would they hide in there my metal file cabinet full of lifetime of paperwork photo albums tv xbox or my appliances (fridge) these are things I own but will toss to help my problem my living room dinning area and kitchen are all tile on the other half of house so I'm not sure. I'm driving myself insane literally it's getting harder for me finding the few red bumps just threw me back into panic. I was thinking toss everything get air mattresses and start to treat with temprid sc and cimexa for the walls. Please help advice or opinion anything.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 6 2017 10:51:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Take it easy, they're not going to harbor in your kitchen table or filing cabinet, fridge, etc... You may want to have a professional inspection at this point and see if there are any remaining bugs to deal with.
    Don't beat yourself up over this; we've been dealing with bed bugs since the beginning of our existence and in the end you have to remind yourself that they are just bugs. It's not as if you've allowed a serial killer to rent a room in your house. Get things back in perspective, your kids will be fine. Freaking out will just freak them out, show them that it's okay, it's only a temporary and minor bump in the road. You're doing a good job, you don't need to throw anything else out.

3. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 6 2017 11:48:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I just found a bb not big one but brown hasn't fed but it was under the baseboard of where my bed originally was. Now I'm feeling terrible what if I can't get rid of these things I can't hire a pco I dnt think my landlord will either and my house is big I'm doing this alone and with 3 kids to think about. I can't believe this is happening I'm so depressed I dnt know how I'm going to get through I dnt see it ever getting better it's just a big black hole of sadness for me.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 6 2017 14:17:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Losing your shit really ain't all that helpful, but it is a common tactic.
    Get with your landlord and see if you can have the place inspected, other than that work with your landlord and his treatment plan, decluttering, treating and bagging as you go.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316