Bb driving me crazy should I just toss everything

(7 posts)
  1. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 17:17:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok I'm new to BB and it's really hard for me I've been dealing with this for almost 3 weeks and my landlord has sprayed temprid sc every week. My brother has also sprayed hot shot for BB which he used when he had them years ago. I've ordered cimexa and I've done some research on things I work and I have 3 kids. Hiring any professional is not an option I have and my house is somewhat large. I am in need of some advice I have to do this on my own my landlord is only willing to spray every week and finances won't allow any pros. My kids and I have no bites and have shown no bites since the first spray (same day I found them) I've found 3 big ones with blood in them in the first week but since then I've only found 2 small almost clear looking ones. I've taken off baseboardso to check and outlets to check and I've found nothing I've checked my couch and nothing no feces or marks or anything same with all other beds no evidence at all. Now I'm wondering if I should even try to save the furniture I have left it seems I find one bug every week and it's driving me crazy but like I said no signs of bites on any of my children which is my main concern. I have no issues with just tossing everything but I'm wondering if I should. My plan is to spray down mattresses with temprid sc and let sit in sun which Friday it will be 100 degrees here for a few days then encase them all and cimexa around the rooms and metal bed frames and I plan to put cimexa inside the walls via holes i will drill and then patch right after puffing the cimexa inside. My landlord said he will continue to spray as long as I feel he needs to how does this sound am I doing enough should I toss more furniture to be safe I'm not sure what to do and everyone I ask says toss everything but like I said I'm doing this all on my own and I dnt really know what to do.

2. Jaywasane

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 22:06:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a pro you will get some other advice here soon enough I hope. 100 degrees will not do it for the mattresses also dragging them thru your house is a bad idea. Spraying temprid sc once a week seems to be a lot ( BB have to cross it do die and they do not die instantly). I have heard every 2 weeks or every 30 days for spraying. Mixing hot shot in the mix may not be a good idea either.

You still may found a pro that is more affordable than you think. When I started calling around some companies would not do it but one gave me a good person to contact. I would check you you tube for how to spray and where if you do it yourself.
    Companies that make the products your buying will answer your questions as well.

DO NOT buy your encasements from AMAZON read the fine print they can full fill your order with returned items never do that with bed bug items. Also stores like bed supply have people to ask questions. There maybe a post here on the best online store.

First thing I did was throw away stuff i did not need I did not over fill trash bags and i double bagged everything making it air tight. no openings careful not to rip bags.
    I also only left house in my clean clothes in stored jumbo air tight ziplock bags. There are washing drying instructions all over net.

They are some great people here give the time to respond

jaywasane

Not a Pro I just spend to much time researching BB's.
  3. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 23:46:02
    #

Login to Send PM

There's some good advice from Jay, sitting your mattress in the sun at 100 degrees and dragging it through your house is not a good idea. Also read the label on temprid. You shouldn't spray the whole mattress especially the sleeping surface with it. Not sure if it's even labeled for mattresses at all. Spraying every week may or may not be an issue. Most do two weeks because eggs take up to ten days to hatch and spraying two weeks later is to get the new hatchlings and to get any the first spraying missed. Yes, bed bugs have to cross the residual product to die but they also die from direct spray of the product.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 0:08:47
    #

Login to Send PM

You found three large bed bugs in the first week and a total of two (what sounds like first instar nymphs) in the second/third weeks combined? It sounds like treatment may be working. It's not normal to treat every week as others noted-- once every other week is typical.

However, the person or people doing the treatment need to know what to use and where. Spraying the same thing weekly may not be a big help. It may be the bed bugs need time to cross poison and die. However, getting a pro in is the best idea if at all possible.

I would absolutely not toss things out at this point, if ever. It doesn't actually solve bed bug problems and could be completely unnecessary to the success of your treatment.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 8:45:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks I'm just afraid they are hiding and waiting to bite and take over my house I'm going to dust cimexa this week and I plan to spray the temprid sc on seams of mattresses then lay out in sun to dry and then put in cases with some cimexa dust under them. At this point I will continue the spray every 10 days and cimexa around the rooms every 2 weeks since I vacuum often. If the bb are small and I havent found large ones and no one has bites, is it safe to say I'm winning my battle because the depression and anxiety is driving me insane I've had to go on medication therapy and still have crying breakdowns. I just need to know my kids are safe and with no bites in almost 3 weeks (except a single red bump on each daughter that could be mosquitos im hoping since we go outside to escape the house) i hope I'm doing things right.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 11:41:55
    #

Login to Send PM

If you are self-treating, you should follow label instructions when applying any pesticides. If the product does not tell you to reapply it in ten days, then you should not do that. Labelling relates to both safety and efficacy.

"Seeing bed bugs" and skin reactions aren't necessarily the best way to determine whether they're gone. However, what you describe suggests the numbers may be going down.

Please seek professional help for your depression and anxiety. They are treatable and dealing with them will only help you deal with bed bugs. If you're not currently in treatment for this, and don't have a mental health professional, a doctor is a good place to start.

7. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 12:00:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I have treatments for my anxiety/depression and I really everything on the products (I'm very concerned about safety with my kids) I've chosen stuff that is safe for inside with kids. I've really done my research on what I can do to save the beds and my home and keep my kids safe I've looked into the pesticides and dusts and how to apply unfortunately I have to do this myself so I'm trying to get fully educated. Thanks I hope we are winning my war with these buggies. I'm going to do this last treatment for my beds and house then just be cautious with sprays and dusts every 14 days and then monthly as long as progress is good. Thank you for advice and help

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,305 posts in 50,167 topics over 155 months by 21,928 of 22,425 members. Latest: xterra888, MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies