BB Alert Passive Monitor Placement Question

(4 posts)
  1. BuggingOutInBK

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Aug 26 2017 9:01:55
    #

Login to Send PM

So I just ordered a 6 pack of BB Alert Passive Monitors and I had a question on the proper placement given my current situation.

I currently have a metal bed frame similar to this item:

I know the frame is not ideal, but I had it before the infestation, and I am moving in with my girlfriend in April so I don't want to necessarily invest in a new bed quite yet. I just want to survive the remainder of my current lease with the items I do have left.

My questions are the following:

Where would optimal placement of the passive monitor be if the bed was pushed into the corner of the bedroom?

Would it be on the wall near my head just below frame level?

Any help here would be appreciated (particularly from Mr. Cain).

Note: The bed bugs were previously infesting the long side of my mattress along the wall, and the inside of my pillows.

Second Note: I do not have a box spring since the frame does not require it, and my mattress is encased.

Thanks everyone.

Just another Brooklyn resident battling bed bugs
  2. BuggingOutInBK

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 28 2017 11:36:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Can any one provide a suggestion to the above? I looked through the Flickr page of David Cain and previous threads but could not come up with a placement strategy from those resources.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 29 2017 8:48:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Is the mattress placed on this riser frame or is there a box base component.

Either way its not too dissimilar to the placement for a metal framed bed like this:

thinslattedbedmarked by David Cain, on Flickr

Hope that clarifies.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. BuggingOutInBK

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 29 2017 10:59:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,

Thanks for the response, I really do appreciate it.

The encased mattress is placed directly on the metal frame (i.e. there is no box base component).

Once I put the passive monitor in place, I'll upload another picture to make sure it's placement is correct.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,805 posts in 49,808 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991