BB Alert Monitor Placement Questions

(10 posts)
  1. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Oct 8 2012 7:59:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I received my first shipment of the BB Alert Passive Monitors and have several questions please.

1. Bed placement. I originally thought that the monitor was suppose to be put between the box spring and mattress with the "sticky" side laying down on the box spring and the top pointing up to the mattress. After reviewing the instructions that is not the case is it? The best place for the monitor is on the "side" of the box spring at the head with the sticky side attached or facing the box spring and the front facing the wall? (That was a question.) I don't currently have a matrress encasement on the box spring but plan on putting one on it - so that changes where to put it doesn't it?

2. Couch and Loveseat. The cushions on my couch and loveseat do not come off so where is the best location to put the monitors?

3. Rocker recliners. Same question on my rocker recliner the cushions don't left off where do I put the monitor?

4. Office chair. Any where on the underside of where the seat is ok?

5. My daughters couch. Her cushions do lift off so do we just slide one under the cushion and on top of the couch?

Sorry so long! Thank you.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Oct 8 2012 8:13:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

1 This is a standard bed placement at the head end of the bed on the box base section. If you install an encasement later you would need to move it as per the picture below:

USmetalriserBoxBaseBedencased

2 See the image below for installation on a sofa:

install location for Passive Monitor on a sofa

3 Use the same principle above to apply to the recliner seat.

4 Office chair see picture below:

officechair

5 See point 2 above.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly declare my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor.

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Scr0bbled

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Oct 8 2012 12:04:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, just discovered this post, the pics are great, v helpful. Thank you very much.

The only problem is, on our 3 seater couch the seat on either end are the most commonly occupied ones as these are flip out recliners, so there is no 'base; so to speak. The middle section does have a base as per conventional couch but it isn't often sat on.

Therefore where is the best place to position a passive monitor?

Thanks very much,

Scr0bbled

P.S, I know it my case you think it;s unlikely to be bbs but I just want to cover all the bases.

4. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Oct 8 2012 12:22:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually, that is exactly how mine our too, I forgot that until you posted. On both my loveseat and couch they are "recliner" seats on all ends????

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Oct 8 2012 12:40:40
    #

Login to Send PM

If you take pictures I can look and add marks as to where would be suitable install locations.

I will also try to get an gallery coded so all the various locations can be checked, however it does not have to be a bespoke install everytime.

David

6. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Oct 12 2012 7:04:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Mr. Cain, here are the pictures of the problematic pieces. (1) couch. (2) couch showing open recliner - no one sits in the middle section. (3) Lazy Boy recliner. (4) recliner open. (5) office chair, very curvy. Thank you for your help.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/87694761@N03/8079585479/in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/87694761@N03/8079585835/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/87694761@N03/8079579214/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/87694761@N03/8079580304/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/87694761@N03/8079580520/in/photostream/
    Also, my daughter's couch is a big sectional and I don't think we can lift up the section where everyone sits the most. Any suggestions on it?

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Oct 12 2012 8:00:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You have the rights enabled on these images so I cant download and mark them up.

They are all simple installs though, the underside of the couch foot rests and the underside of the office chair as best as you can install based on previous images.

If this is not clear PM me for an email address to send them to.

David

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Oct 12 2012 11:20:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have included a pic of the install location for the reclining seat part of the sofa below. All others are as described in the previous images or can be found on my Flickr profile images:

couch2marked

Hope that helps.

David

9. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Oct 12 2012 11:32:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Just one more question, please. I can't really tell by the picture. Should I place it at the "top" of the flip up foot part (meaning when it is closed it will be the part closest to the seat of the sofa) or the "bottom" of the flip up foot part (meaning when it is closed it will be closest to the floor/carpet)? Or does it not really matter? Apologize for being so dense. Thank you.

10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Oct 12 2012 12:17:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its not that critical a placement with that kind of seat. I would place close to the joint where the backs of your knees would rest on the pull out part.

I have a few of these sort of reclining chairs around the office as the electric ones are hard to decontaminate without affecting the electrics and as a result I often get them donated to me. The motors have many other non sitting uses (but that's for another sort of forum).

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago