(10 posts)
  1. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 29 2010 10:39:20
    #

Login to Send PM

E-mail I sent my therapist this morning:

Therapist:

I now have a confirmed infestation of bed bugs.
    As you know, bed bugs can be hard to kill completely.

Because you expressed understandable concern about infesting your office, and because I don't see a time in the next few months when I will be able to see you in person, I have decided to suspend treatment immediately.

Thank you for your help over the past year and a half, without which I'm sure I would be far less capable of dealing with my current situation.

Best,
    My name here

2. scared-girl

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 29 2010 13:18:49
    #

Login to Send PM

good for you. sounds like it's time to find a new therapist anyway.

my last therapist would argue with me about increasing fees during session. I would tell her that I wanted to quit because I couldn't afford an increase and she would say "spending more money is good for you". Ha. Right. So there are all kinds out there. You will find a better one...

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 29 2010 13:27:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you read the FAQ's about decontaminating clothing you can give very reasonable reassurances that you are not likley to bring the problem from home.

In fact I would be prepared to argue that those who are taking precautions should be encouraged as they are also less likley to bring the problem to the therapist in the first place.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 29 2010 14:22:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, David, but I don't think this relationship is salvageable. We have spent the last year and a half talking about not freaking out and dealing with things one day at a time without building catastrophes in my head about what might happen. And the second I told him about the bed bugs, he did exactly what he's been telling me not to do: he freaked out.

5. sleeplessinUES

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 29 2010 14:48:20
    #

Login to Send PM

My therapist said something similar last week when I told her that we found one. I know she's very freaked out. We'll see how my appointment goes this week.

6. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 29 2010 15:52:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Choosing to terminate therapy is a highly personal decision... Only you can decide which actions are truly in your long term best interest.

I think disappointment with your therapist's behavior is quite reasonable given the circumstances.

That said, I would suggest that you consider scheduling a final telephone session to process any unfinished business... Expressing your feelings to your ex-therapist may be a valuable experience for both of you.

Alternatively, an in-depth letter about your feelings may be useful to help establish some closure for you.

7. so unsettling

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 29 2010 16:04:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Ravesfan, I am sorry to hear you have had to suspend what was, by your description, a good therapeutic relationship. But this has given him something to think about, and that is certainly part of the educational process. Someday people might realize that many of us who have these bugs, are going to great lengths to protect others from them. I hope things work out well for you.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 29 2010 16:07:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Shame on their reaction is all I can add.

Well not quite all, it does have parallels with a case I saw recently. The doctor told the person it was 100% bedbugs, an absolute certainty. I was sent the pictures and low and behold it was in fact scabies. I took great delight in sending the message back up the line:

"Physician heal thyself you have scabies"

Oddly enough I had no reply.

David

9. Beth

account closed

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 29 2010 20:40:03
    #

Login to Send PM

sorry to hear about the end of therapy, but good for you for ending things amicably (and ending things).

Amy

10. nycyn

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 29 2010 20:50:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Everything I said in the other thread?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,557 posts in 46,824 topics over 143 months by 20,659 of 21,556 members. Latest: DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs, gbbedbug